iOS 6.1.3 Has Ruined my Day

Currently reading:
iOS 6.1.3 Has Ruined my Day

Plugged my iPhone into my computer today to sync 3 new songs to it, plugged it in and it said it wanted to do an update, so I ran the update as always. Completed without issue, 3 new songs there excellent.
A message popped up saying I had low storage, thats strange, I know for a fact I had 1.8GB of free space just a few days ago, so I go into the Usage section on my phone and it says 0 Bytes free :eek:
Wow what a large update, that can't be right. I figured I'll just delete a few apps I never use, deleted two 30MB apps still says 0 Bytes free :mad:
Reboot phone, 0 Bytes free Ahhhh
F*ck you Apple :tosser:

Can you not just add an SD Card?... Oh wait.

3761418_o.gif

Nope I know I haven't actually got 0 Bytes free, its impossible to have 0 Bytes free, how would I manage to have the exact amount of space used the phone has. Also deleting the two apps gave it away because no space was gained. Plugged it back into iTunes and tried a sync again, said that I need to restore my iPhone, restored from the backup it did before the update, 1.7GB free.
Annoying that it happened in the first place but at least it was easily solved.
If it had been my old Android phone I would certainly have not had a backup. :rolleyes:

Right, I had this, prior to my update. It's a 'glitch' (shut it apple haters :eek:)

If you plug it into iTunes you'll probably have a large section of memory in use named 'other'.

To delete this disconnect phone, go to settings > general > useage

Music will show at the top, hit it once.

Will then show 'Music' on its own. Swipe to the left as though you're going to delete it and hit delete (don't worry, it doesn't actually delete your music).

Then press and hold home and lock key to reset your phone.

And wholla, suddenly all your available memory will reappear (y)

bwahahahaha. Thoroughly tested updates :rolleyes:

TBH nothing to do with the current update, my phone was like it before I updated it. Apparently according to a google is corrupt files on the device from where it's not ejected properly - who knows :shrug:

All in know is I've not looked back since getting my Mac :p

I am by no means an Apple fanboy, I had 2 android phones before my iPhone and stuck by them, I had an HTC G1 a week after it came out, the very first Android phone, I loved it. After that I got an HTC Desire HD, I liked that too but after 4 years of Android I was beginning to get a little bored so I switched to iPhone just to see what all the fuss was about. I like it but no more than my Android phones, I would happily go back to Android but I'm also happy sticking with my iPhone. :)

I am by no means an Apple fanboy, I had 2 android phones before my iPhone and stuck by them, I had an HTC G1 a week after it came out, the very first Android phone, I loved it. After that I got an HTC Desire HD, I liked that too but after 4 years of Android I was beginning to get a little bored so I switched to iPhone just to see what all the fuss was about. I like it but no more than my Android phones, I would happily go back to Android but I'm also happy sticking with my iPhone. :)

Did my above advise sort your issue :confused:

Nope I know I haven't actually got 0 Bytes free, its impossible to have 0 Bytes free, how would I manage to have the exact amount of space used the phone has. Also deleting the two apps gave it away because no space was gained. Plugged it back into iTunes and tried a sync again, said that I need to restore my iPhone, restored from the backup it did before the update, 1.7GB free.
Annoying that it happened in the first place but at least it was easily solved.
If it had been my old Android phone I would certainly have not had a backup. :rolleyes:

why not?

Because iTunes makes you do a backup everytime you sync your phone (you can turn this off though). I never backed up either of my Android phones because I'm lazy. There was no integrated backup service when I had them. All 3rd party apps.
Well it had a backup of my settings etc and it would reinstall apps if I signed in with my Gmail but most data was lost.

Back