I need a job!!

Currently reading:
I need a job!!

Hiya.. I've been applying for graduate jobs left, right and centre. Given the current job market, I've also been looking at 'regular' jobs that my degree will be relevant to. I use the normal recruitment sites, s1jobs.com, totaljobs, milkround, scotcareers etc etc So.. I'm needing some inspiration of different/less known sites

I'm open to work any where in Central Belt of Scotland, and my degree is Hons in Business Management. Finish the course in April, graduation in July & willing to start work as soon after my course is finished!! :) I've applied to more companies that I can mention but if you've got some suggestions of companies as well.... they're all welcome!! :D

Fankoo :cool:

BTW, in the meantime i'm not a student bum... I do have a part time job!!

Last edited:
Join the RAF like me.

If you’re not interested in the Armed Forces you need to try harder send you Cv directly to companies even if they are not looking for work most job websites will have loads off applicants and you can be left in the dark.

I can't get a job :( i've applied for about 100 past few months and no luck :( most companies don't even get back to you to tell your unsuccessful so rude.

xXxXx

some job i went for a while back, as a driver for a vending company, said they were only sending forms out to people who previous exp because 2k people had asked for a form :eek: must be sooo many people getting on about jobs they dont have the time

Hiya.. I've been applying for graduate jobs left, right and centre. Given the current job market, I've also been looking at 'regular' jobs that my degree will be relevant to. I use the normal recruitment sites, s1jobs.com, totaljobs, milkround, scotcareers etc etc So.. I'm needing some inspiration of different/less known sites

I'm open to work any where in Central Belt of Scotland, and my degree is Hons in Business Management. Finish the course in April, graduation in July & willing to start work as soon after my course is finished!! :) I've applied to more companies that I can mention but if you've got some suggestions of companies as well.... they're all welcome!! :D

There's www.reed.co.uk and others I know of but are motor trade related.

I worked in a shi**y restaraunt for 5 years, until my dad told me to put a CV in for his place, 2 yrs later im on awesome money, thanks to my dad. But believe it or not its who you know, not what you know. I feel bad to the people around me, they are losing their jobs... and im getting a pay rise... odd really

Can you do some voluntary work in your preferred sector? Or get a full-time position with your current job?

I'm actually going back to work for the company that employed me as a student so it's not the end of the world to settle for that :) Which means if you have a degree in pharmacy, my ex-job is vacant ;)

ive been doing all of the above and cant even get an interview anywhere, tons of jobs going at the local computer games developers and im very highly qualified in animation, video and audio editing, so i sent in my cv with a cover note 2 weeks ago, still not heard anything back :(

Jobs still advertised tho so i hope they still might

same problems up here. I was paid off in January, sent out countless cv's but to no avail. :(

Im in the same boat there is nothing work wise round here although after pestering the JC about training they have finally organised to send me on a course to drive on of these

Counterbalance_Diesel_Engine_Forklift_Truck.jpg

if your out of work see what the JC can do for you in the way of training (y)

same problems up here. I was paid off in January, sent out countless cv's but to no avail. :(

Kirkcaldy you stay in?... Just down the road from me!!

Thanks for all the replies guys, keep them coming! - I always send cover letters (y) and I use reed.co.uk on occassions but will deffo start using it on a more regular basis.

The entry requirements for graduate jobs have shot through the roof :( if I dont get a graduate job I'll be looking to get into some other full time job, regardless of money, until I find something suitable, unfortunately staying with my current employer (who shall remain nameless!) isn't an option :bang:

graduate jobs are harder and harder to find. i never found one when i left uni and i had a good degree with experience in the voluntary sector. tis depressing.

good luck. you'll need it sadly.

thousands of graduates all apply for the same graduate schemes at the big blue chip companies. dont waste your time unless you fully expect to get a first class with honors and you have an upper class sounding name.

many graduates find it difficult to accept, but the reality is that your first job wont be £50k, £15k is more realistic, actually for a business graduate £15k would be great especially these days.

by all means start off by aiming high because you may get lucky, but as time goes by be realistic and drop your expectations. if you get to 6 months after graduation and you still arent working you'll take that £15k job just like the rest of them and you'll be grateful. i know i was at the time, 6 months of worry was finally over. in many cases it only takes a few years to double or triple your income, so the graduation dream isnt all lies, but it depends largely on your drive and ability. once you have a couple of years of good postgrad experience in industry you will be in a much stonger position.
in your mind you probably have an idea of what you think you are good at or what you think you want to do. dont let that limit the things you apply for. both my postgrad jobs were areas i had never thought about and in theory i didnt have the skills required when i started, but uni is designed to give you the skills you need to learn how to do almost any job in your sector, not give you the actual skills you need to do those jobs, so you can be much more flexible than you at first imagine. dont expect to find a job that makes you think "i already know how to do that so i can apply for it". you should probably think "i dont know if i can do that it sounds hard/scary".

Last edited:
Back