Technical Highest Mileage?

Currently reading:
Technical Highest Mileage?

If so, could the car be clocked? just wondering 102K miles compared to 542K miles is a long way off.

Any comments will be much appreciated.:)
It can and it is :) Most of the cars we got in Eastern Europe are clocked. I've seen a JTD which showed 120 000kms on the dash but FES told a story... 800 000 kms ..
If that's any comfort to you: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/26/man-with-2-6-million-mile-volvo-p1800-aims-for-3-million/ 3 million miles ... on mineral oil.. and you guys always go for the best folly synthetic thing out there :)

Last edited:
Re: Highest mileage

dont know if it counts, my 1.6 (03) had 146000 when i wrote it of in 2009!.
my current jtd (53 (jan04)) has 119000, and the petrol 1.6 (53 (also jan 04)) has 82000.
My jtd will probo over take yours in about 6 months mileage wise.... as i do about 34k per year.

Last edited:
Re: Highest mileage

Hello
Out of curiousity how many miles would a JTD do before it packs up?

Phil
It's about as bomb proof as you can get outside of a tank. I'd expect the engine to last longer than the car if it's looked after sensibly. They do get a bit rattly though as the mounts wear out.

There was a JTD 115 active kicking around my hometown a few years back that had just short of 200k on it. I'm not sure what happened to it or if it's still around it's just vanished (n)

Hello everybody,

nice to see stilo's with higher mileage than mine :D Mine is a 02 reg 1.6 16v at the moment on 122k miles, been in service with it more time than I have actually wanted: all coil packs, cam belt, cam belt failure - engine survived it -> new cam belt fitted - timed wrongly at a cheap garage :( -> completely new time belt in fiat service as the tensioner was bent, was shocked when they pulled it out... but engine still purring now, maybe better than ever.

Only problem is now that it eats up oil.. I have to put abt a liter every 1-2000 miles. Is it normal? (sorry went a bit offtopic there)

Andy

Wow, well i wouldn't be happy.. oil ain't cheap! My stilo has only ever needed a tiny top up once between services (10k miles) which it did 3 times over last year

What people need to remember is that all engines have variances. They're a machine and are not all the same, some will use more oil than another identicle one, some will produce more power.

I've not had many 16v cars tbh, I've had in the region of 20 cars but off the top of my head 1 was 16v, not sure about my van though so maybe 2 but doubt van is tbh. I'm quite surprised by this realisation!!

edit: have you tried a jtd stilo?? its a really good engine! Although i do sometimes wish Milo could be a little smoother. And i guess its cheap as chips with LPG.. I had (still in family) a CLK 3.2l V6 with LPG and it cost about the same in fuel as driving my diesel stilo..

Last edited:
Back