Technical Highest Mileage?

Currently reading:
Technical Highest Mileage?

10649708_10152719659336563_2737274430114794084_n.jpg

My 2002 Stilo Abarth is 200,000km and running very well... certainly has "character" and is a comfortable drive on my 200km round trip daily commute.(y)

My 2001 Stilo jtd, a few days ago turned 193000 km (cpp 120000miles).
I am second owner and I hope that previous owner did not "lower" its km.
It has some issues with vibrations during the acceleration that I am trying to sort out. I hope that Stilo will drive some more km...

Got a 1.6 from 2002 with 260.000km and original clutch. Replaced it this week because some Italian designer thought it was a good idea to put a service hole in the gearbox housing. Dropped a screw in there when i replaced the thermostat..... :D

1.9JTD Estate. 17 years old, in same ownership last 10 years, used like a skip, original engine and gearbox, maintained by me. Been all round the country from Glasgow to Great Yarmouth, Margate, Isle of Wight and Devon. Been used for tip runs, house removals and has hauled a Toyota Hilux 4wd gearbox in the boot, with a ton of trailer on the back, up a steep hill. 320k miles and still going. When this dies, I've bought another one which is waiting in the wings. New one has been in storage last three years as the current ride just won't die !! :bang:

Last edited:
My old beast has lugged an Alfa Twin-Spark engine (to fix the car I bought to drive around in while I was fixing the car before that.. long story! :p )

I did spot a JTD SW on fleabay a few weeks ago.. and it did make me start drooling at the mouth.. but the Younger Mrs S. has banned me from buying any more cars until I fixed at least one of my projects...

Ralf S.

Last edited:
Someone I worked with a few years ago had a 2007 Grande Punto 1.4 8v which was still running well with 120,000 miles on the clock.

My own 2008 1.4 8v has 84,000 on the clock now, and is still an absolute joy to drive. [emoji846]

168000 on a 2005 panda 4x4, from new, that’s been payed up in my field for the past seven years (daughter wanted it but went to Uni instead so she’s got my 2010 cross)…put a battery on it and moved it into barn in one go, rear brakes seized and rear three quarter sill has gone (a not too clever accident repair job) it’s now getting a ‘haircut’ into a pickup
But for outstanding for an uno 1100S, that three of us brothers passed around… a cool 285000 until it wasn’t worth patching anymore

Back