Technical Whats your mileage? Any major issues? Also what model / engine

Currently reading:
Technical Whats your mileage? Any major issues? Also what model / engine

I think you are probably correct as most MOT testers are not looking for missing EGR valves etc.

BUT if you take it literally then removing an EGR valve is removing a piece of emission control equipment So could anyone argue if a MOT failed on this?? I just think blanking it off does the same thing without the risk.

Can't really think of any oil burner I have ever run without blanking off the EGR but I believe some more up to date models turn on the EML if you blank them off. This is unlikely to effect the dinosaurs I run about in for a few years yet.

If you really wanted to go silly on this you could argue that by even blanking off you have changed the emissions on the vehicle and so you are paying too little road tax. I don't really think we have any problems here when you look at how VW bent the rules for so long. :D:D:D

94K miles 115JTD Multiwagon 2004

Battery went at 3yr old, used CTEK since - still on same batt
Mirror ext temp sensor has mind of it's own - not an issue
Boot release microswitch u/s - use keyfob
A/C Compressor seized - I live with it :cry:
near-side rear spring gone twice
High level brake-light failed, just corroded contacts but needed door strip
Reversing sensor no longer senses

All in all still happy with it, no rust, no dents, nice and reliable and pulls like a train.
Original exhaust and on third set of Dunlop SP Sports - still good for another 20k

14yrs and still going strong :slayer:

Several problems during the last 10 years but here is the worse. Severe rust underneath and an engine that has lost a big part of its power...

156.000 km. 1,6 Stilo. Hidrolifter nonise + steering wheels servo problem.

Back