Technical Flashing mileage

Currently reading:
Technical Flashing mileage

DELPHROAD

Can someone inform me why the mileage indicator is flashing and how can this be reset. The 2004 car has just been serviced but can't take it to a garage as a pal serviced it for me. The spanner light still indicates for a few seconds so that obviously requires resetting. Thanks Jim

The Multiecuscan software and cable would be worthwhile investment to do your own servicing. Check errors, clear them etc. It allows you to reset the service interval.
Flashing mileage indicates proxy alignment required. (also MES)
Disconnecting battery for 1/2 hour may reset errors.(not service)

Post model too.

Im I correct in thinking the mileage would only flash if the clocks had been changes, is there another reason that would flash? and if I am correct this could be simply due to someone going for a quick fix to the stilo clock problem or someone selling the OP a car with less miles shown as what its done.

Im I correct in thinking the mileage would only flash if the clocks had been changes, is there another reason that would flash? and if I am correct this could be simply due to someone going for a quick fix to the stilo clock problem or someone selling the OP a car with less miles shown as what its done.

It'll happen if anything on the Cannes network develops a fault and doesn't communicate with the canbus system properly. So in short no, it could be what you say, it could be a one off glitch (was in my Stilo) or it could be a fault with another component (cd player etc).

The mileage displayed on the panel comes from the body computer, doesn't it? Or is it stored on the instrument cluster itself?

Instrument cluster as I got a spare set when my clocks went T*** Up and it was 90 odd k miles and flashing. When I got mine back from the repair it was back at 45k with no flashing.

Ah, ok. I had an e36 BMW that I replaced the cluster on, it had an orange led that displayed next to the odometer showing that the cluster and computer mileages didn't agree, until it was proxied. I guess it's the same.

Ok. That s interesting. I've been wanting to change to the clocks from the Abarth (I think) with the white or silver faces and TFT display. I think I saw that they work with the 1.6, somewhat, is that the case?

I believe the Abarth multi function display cluster fully works in all the petrol versions after Proxy Alignment.

I have one in my JTD but the glow plug active light (yellow coil), and the oil pressure light, and oil level check doesn't work. I modified the cluster to use the redundant 120km/h warning light (only used for Saudi Arabian markets) as an oil pressure light. I needed to run an extra wire from the 120km/h light to the engine management ECU to pick up the oil pressure signal.

Back