Technical Read Mileage with Multiecuscan

Currently reading:
Technical Read Mileage with Multiecuscan

danims98

Hello friends,

I did swap the dashboard on my car but I didn't configure it with the miles of the old dashboard, because I didn't had the tools.

Now I have my ELM327 modified and I wanted to know if I can read the real miles of the engine on any module of the car so I know exactly how much miles my car has.

It is very strange to me because on the engine ECU is a measure that supposedly has the miles of the car, but multiecuscan shows 19780 miles, which is impossible as my car has almost 180k miles.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Discrepancies between Dashboard mileage and ECU / ABS / other control units are not uncommon. There have been several examples documented in the past in the MES forums.

The ONLY one you should/can rely on is the dashboard mileage IF you know that it is the original. If you are replacing with another odometer of lower mileage then you can increase the mileage to the correct value. NOTE you can not decrease mileage and attempting to force a wrap by setting 999999 etc. will not work and leave you with 999999 permanently or a blank value.

Back