Got my exam results....

Currently reading:
Got my exam results....

Do what I did for ALL my exams - night before jobby, and then get to car-park early and open up the text book and read a few notes ;)

Seemed to work - I failed my professional finals by a slim margin, but that was due to other mitigating circumstances [like moving house at the same time, lol] - still, flew through the retakes that winter and qualified (y)

Good luck Paul :)

Paul,

Well done on your hard work...
But, I know how you feel about the lacking a life changing event in your exam results. I'm a man of free will and yet there's a part of my psyche that actually likes to get a curveball now and then. I enjoy that life is like poker, sometimes a good hand turns up and sometimes a bad one. If it's all middle of the road then there's too many choices.

Bizarre as it may sound, sometimes I need for my life to go out of my control - to be shaped by fate or a factor I have no hand in.

When I got my GCSEs I got nine equal grades. Regardless of the level achieved the 'cards' were middling. I didn't excel in any one area and so couldn't really make any choices based on it. Had I got an A in maths and physics and seven Ds I'm pretty sure I'd be typing this as an astrophysicist but, at it was, I had no external shaping of my life going on, and it was left for me to decide which branch to take from a load of equal paths.

That kind of continued through college and finally to uni where I studied a somewhat middle of the road subject, mixing engineering and business but gathering rather an unuseful amount of either. This led to a mundane centre-field career path, and turned out to be one which I don't find remotely interesting, despite being one in which I'm more than capable.

So now, just shy of thirty, I'm finally going the way of my heart. I'm going to do something I should always have done. If I fail then at least I tried but, provided I get the chance to succeed, then failure is not even an option.

The curveball that instigated all this was when my last employer became insolvent. Instead of getting right back into a new full time job I took some time out to think. There'll be plenty of opportunity for you to think - the rest of your life in fact.

Take solace in that your degree has a defined path. It may be a path that seems constrictive but it won't necessarily turn out that way. My degree was just a piece of paper. Yours is knowledge. That's gold, even if you decide not to take a career in that line.

OK, you didn't really want my life story!.... just keep on keeping on, and if you really feel like you don't want to and you must leave uni then that's possibly just a curveball coming your way. In that eventuality, hit back with all you've got and you can't lose.

Cheers moogs, I think you might have misunderstood though, the those were my summer results and now on my jan exams, passed my summer ones with a decent first but now fed up with yet more exams :(

But this excellent went ****ing brill (sarcasm) - possibly a fail although I hope not :( TOo many "derive this" which are too hard for me :(

jetfan; I used to revise by making notes of all my work repeatedly, slowly making the notes shorter and shorter as I learnt more of it, worked well until my first year at uni but it has failed me in the 2nd year it seems. I need to concentrate my effort on learning it seems.

I am off to watch friends, play some liveforspeed and get ready for revising thermodynamics (gulp) tomorrow :(:(:(

Hey,

I am in the same position, I am doing a really demanding course and have no determination and am really not enjoying it, to be honest University is not for me, I still want to join the Police as planned ;) and keep an eye on you law breakers........

But on a serious note again I will have to see how i do this year and make my choices!

Adam

Aw pap.... well don't I look a pudding now :)
Glad you got over the Summer bit and are sticking with it. It'll see you good and ultimately there's always the police any time you get totally disillusioned with the chemical engineering. Not to say that the cops is a fallback butI suspect if you wanted to do it then, it'll stick with you.
I still regret not becoming an Army officer when I intended to. That will always be a what if for me.

Here we go again....

Thermodynamics (2) at 2pm.

For people who don't know what thermo is, compare shakespeare to English. It's probably the most important part of the subject (by far) yet is very difficult to get on with. Sadly if you don't take a liking to it, you probably never will.

Then get back at 4pm or so and start revision for chemical reaction engineering for tomorrow (2pm again) - no time to chill, straight back to work.

Life sucks

BUT....I go home friday (or thursday if i can be arsed, VERY unlikely, I want to have a coke or two with my mates ;)) which means I get to drive the new Megane we have, heated seats and foldy mirrors here I come! (oh and 120bhp w/ 6 gears :D)

Shut up Dave about that being a torturous weekend for you :p Might go off into the peak district if my new coat fits (probably won't, littlewoods will say they have no stock of the XL and that I will have to have a refund, ahhh!)

Thanks for the revision tips. Sat my Social Psychology exam Monday and Social Structures & Social Inequalities today (although nearly chucked out cos I wouldn't take my coat off!!!). Got to revise for Culture & Difference, exam on Friday - yawn yawn!!! I'll let you know if your revision method works when I get the results. My 2nd year too.

Good luck with your next exam!!

Thanks everybody.

Sadly I think I just threw away my degree and at least 5-6 years of hard work.

The Negotiator said:
Thanks everybody.

Sadly I think I just threw away my degree and at least 5-6 years of hard work.

1 crap module ain't the be all and end all :)

But it's thermo, everything is built on it, bad at thermo = won't be able to understand next semester. To do my year in industry I need a 2:1, that exam makes me worried i won't get that now, I am ****ed. Which means I either drop out or do a 3 year BEng instead. **** **** ****

If I pass this exam paper, somebody is fiddling my results.

Back