Technical Front Brake discs

Currently reading:
Technical Front Brake discs

This isn't something I'd consider. I've heard too many stories of additives turning an annoying issue into a serious problem.

I'd either live with it, or find the cause and fix it properly. If you take the latter route, the first step is to find out if it's being burned, or being leaked.

In american automotive slang, half a quart is 0.473 litres; having to add that every 2000 miles, whilst high for a modern car, isn't actually that serious.

For now, I'd just stick a label inside the fuel cap saying "CHECK OIL", and do that every time you refuel. I'd also keep a litre of the correct oil somewhere in the car.

Some have said they've noticed oil consumption increases significantly with sustained cruising at higher speeds.

Something else which may help is to top up only to the midway point on the dipstick; some engines use noticeably more oil when filled to the max, particularly those with well worn oil control rings.
Most of the high quality oils do have additives in them. My 3.5 Ltr Mercedes with 32k on the clock when I bought it used to have a slight rattle for about 2 seconds on a hot start up but every time. A freind of mine who works for a Ferrari dealership told me that certain Ferrari engines had to have an additive added when having the oil changed to eliminate a start up rattle. The use of Shell Helix Ultra eleviated the use of said additiv so on my next oil change I used the oil with great results (no more rattle)

I've done quite a lot of research on this matter and found out that Shell use an additive called Tackifier's which is derived from the adhesive industry which allows the oil to stick to the engine parts when shut down, resulting a rattle free start up which is what Wynns and STP used to do but we can't use oil thickening products theas days as the oils are so thin and watery.
I would be here all evening trying to explain in my layman terms more on the the subject, but for anyone who's interested, do a Google search and it's all there. And to finnish it does work.

Even pint is very American these days given how long most things have been solder in litres other then milk and beer
The Imperial gallon is 8 Imperial pints or 4.5 litres. The US gallon is just 3.5 litres so who knows how many imperial pints that is.

Some have said they've noticed oil consumption increases significantly with sustained cruising at higher speeds
I find this its been the same on every Fiat we have had. Occasionally I get a frigt and worry, but they all seem to do it and consumption falls to virtually nill if not cruising at high speed.

Back