Technical Front Brake discs

Currently reading:
Technical Front Brake discs

Aulhan

Hey all,
Was just wondering If one of you knowledgeable folk would be able to pick me out a set of front discs and pads. I know you can just put in the vehicle but I've been caught out with that before and would trust you guys much more!
Many thanks,
B

Cheers dude, noted, but I'm more concerned about making sure they are the correct fit.

One more thing, just has my oil and oil filter to do an oil change. Had a quick look underneath but couldn't see the old filter. Do you need to remove the plastic guard plate to get at it and the sump?

Also the guy says it uses half a quart of oil every couple 1000 miles. Is there anything I could do to try and fix/reduce this as I've seen stuff that revamps seals.?There are no visible leaks I can see Is there It's a 2007 with 91k. Or should I just get a pro to take a look. Going to a mechanic is always a last resort for me.

I have found Blueprint.com make really good quality parts. I dont know if the make Panda 100 discs but the 1.2 discs were coated and really a good fit. I believe they are basically Febi / Bilstein. Ive not had issues with anything from them yet. Discs and pads were about £100.

Magneti Marelli are OEM parts suppliers to Fiat. I have never had a problem with their parts for my Fiats. The S4P prices with pads are the same as eBay and often cheaper. You can get 10% off by becoming a paid member of Fiat Forum.

I recommend GSF for car parts, good prices and will give you several options to suit your budget. They do a lot of brembo stuff.

I’d steer clear of eBay for brakes, there are a lot of fake and dodgy parts being sold on eBay, for brakes and other safety critical parts it’s best to stick to reputable companies

Also the guy says it uses half a quart of oil every couple 1000 miles. Is there anything I could do to try and fix/reduce this as I've seen stuff that revamps seals.?There are no visible leaks I can see Is there It's a 2007 with 91k. Or should I just get a pro to take a look. Going to a mechanic is always a last resort for me.
A pint of oil every 2000 miles assuming there are no obvious leaks anywhere, is massive for a fiat engine, as it’s a 100hp, it maybe it’s had a very hard life of someone thrashing the hell out of it everywhere. It maybe a sign of significant internal engine wear in which case there is not a lot you can do.

Maybe get a scope into the cylinders to check for scoring maybe get it checked out professionally to make sure there are no issues like piston slap or other signs of significant wear such as forbidden glitter in the oil

I recommend GSF for car parts, good prices and will give you several options to suit your budget.
Correct

I don't use them much, but they have a local branch 3 miles from me for click and collect, never had a problem

Strange thing is

I have had problems with ECP (euro car parts)

But LKQ are the parent company for both and I believe they also now own Auto Parts Italia S.p.A

If you look at some of the big online sites (not ebay) the images and SKU are all the same I suspect they all come under the same umbrella company

Shop4Parts are good especialy if you spend over, I think 40 quid you get free delivery. I've used ECP many times and not had a problem with them. I ordered a wrong oil filter once took it back and they changed it for the correct one with no questions asked.

Handbook says 400grams per 1000km

Which is just under 1/2 quart Per 621miles

So 1 quart per 2k miles is well within spec

But is much worse than most cars seem to do

Handbook says 400grams per 1000km

Which is just under 1/2 quart Per 621miles

So 1 quart per 2k miles is well within spec

But is much worse than most cars seem to do
While there is an acceptable level, of all the fiats I have owned and it is quite a few now, non have ever really used any oil at all. So much so you could literally forget about them between services.

Given the acceptable amount you quote that would suggest burning through all of the oil In the sump in less than 6000 miles?

I don’t know what the oil level is at minimum level on the dipstick but it could easily get you into oil starvation troubles if you’re not closely watching the levels

While there is an acceptable level, of all the fiats I have owned and it is quite a few now, non have ever really used any oil at all. So much so you could literally forget about them between services.

Given the acceptable amount you quote that would suggest burning through all of the oil In the sump in less than 6000 miles?

I don’t know what the oil level is at minimum level on the dipstick but it could easily get you into oil starvation troubles if you’re not closely watching the levels
Seem pretty normal for the 100hp to use plenty of oil

It will also depend on which oil you use

It varies as @irc doesn't use any

But most are on the high side

@Gavv8
My 100HP seems to be using about half a litre of oil for every 400 miles, is this normal?....I use Shell helix 5-40w synthetic

@Most Easterly Pandas
Depends what mileage you've done. I averaged about 1L every 3k miles.

@fpan
I averaged about 1L every 3k miles.
Same here.

@Punto MC
I averaged about 1L every 3k miles.
Mines using approx that too, I reckon.

I have noticed that some 100hp engines do use some oil, especially when driven hard. Conversely i have an unloved (by all 8 previous owners) 07 plate which doesn't seem to use any, despite being ragged senseless every now and then.
My black one used about 0.3 litres of oil every 1000 miles, and my electroclash grey one was even worse (despite being a one lady owner low mileage car)
It could be down to manufacturing tolerances, the way they were "run in" when new, or many other factors, but it does seem to be a real thing.

Back