For all the "invincible" boy racers....

Currently reading:
For all the "invincible" boy racers....

Saw this yesterday, but I was too squeemish to look at all the pics.

Thing is, its great driving sensible, but some nugget is always going to be driving like a loon and as a result innocent parties will be hurt too :(

i have to say i am no squemish in any way and trust me, the pics that look bad as thumbnails, are a lot worse full screen!

very very powerfull viewing, makes me shiver to think about the final thoughts of those involved as they realise that there is no goin back. hopefully things make people think twice about making that close call to overtake someone!

I feel sorry for the truck driver, that must have been horrific seeing those men disappear under the front of his lorry. :(

Man, I am not squeemesh at all but those pics are strong. I am starting to think twice about turboing the car!!!

adds a bit more perspective to the whole thing than just driving past a bunch of flowers taped to a railing, eh?

got shown something similair at hendon, re the perils of drink driving, series of pictures, stunning 18 year old lass on holiday, having her birthday, with friends etc, then a photo of what was left of the car she was a passenger in, then her after, looked like gary oldman in red dragon, eightball eyes, mangled body, head and face, except her fate was far worse then the poor souls in the pictures you been looking at, she still gets to live through it with absolutly no quality of life and no way ever of regaining even the tiniest bit of who she was, the driver of the other car, young, drunk and...."sorry"

i got a fairly strong stomach, but even i wasnt to far from losing my lunch like a few of my collegues did that day

Makes you stop and think :yuck: Best advert I've seen for responsible motoring - should be more like this to show boy racers and careless/dangerous drivers just what will happen one day to THEM

problem is, and i'm just generalising here, very few of the careless/reckless seem to suffer for their actions, it's usually some poor innocent schmo going about their business who gets caught up. i have no problem whatsoever with some dickhead drunk driver ploughing his car at 60mph into a big oak tree and wiping himself out, but generally they tear into a group on a pavement and do them, the driver staggers out with not a scratch wondering what happened,

Think im gonna spend all me money on sounds and leave the performance bits alone.

I don't understand but.. where was the ambulance in these pictures? not that they would have been needed but still would have been nice to at least make an appearance.

Maybe they came, looked and left :(

Thanks for posting this Steve, sometimes its good to see the consequences of stupid driving.

I agrre pretty much with everything posted, poor lorry driver :(

Honestly the one of the face of the passenger will haunt me forever.

Trancendental said:
Think im gonna spend all me money on sounds and leave the performance bits alone.

I don't understand but.. where was the ambulance in these pictures? not that they would have been needed but still would have been nice to at least make an appearance.

Maybe they came, looked and left :(

generally they get in, pick up whats there, and get out to the nearest hospital, as odd as it sounds in this country the only person who can say someone is dead is a doctor, even when i find a head 10 feet from the shoulders i can only say "apparantly lifeless"

Ouch....230kph (~120mph) impact velocity...assuming it stopped virtually instantly (the lack of major impact on the truck implies that), im surprised theres not less of the car left!

Very sickening images though..I bet the guy driving the truck isnt doing it anymore.

just like to say you dont have to drive stupid to end up like that :(
u just have to be in the same place as someone else at same time

The problem with that accident, apart from the fact it happened, is the fact that the car went under the truck... so most of the impact was at head hight for the occupants, I am sure that it may not have been so severe (for the people in the seat) if the two vehicles were the same height, since the accident would have taken place over more time, and the crumple zones of the car would have been more effective, however having said that there may have been more injuries since a vehicle the same height as a car, could really only be another car.

Back