Finance Advice

Currently reading:
Finance Advice

If you've got the car on finance, don't you have payment protection insurance to cover you in case of redundancies? If not, why not just sign up to it now just in case? Im not sure about the t&c's but if you can cancel these agreements at anytime, I'd assume you can sign up to them at any time.
Mine's is only £10 a month and covers the finance agreement in case of redundancy, ill health etc..........

nope there is no official announcements of redundancy yet but im constanly paranoid... my mum said she wont help me pay it at all
as for jug i could afford the car when i took the finance out... i wasnt expecting less than a year later some stupid idiot of a pm to announce a recession was i, no i wish id of kept my grey punto tbf at last it would have been payed for now and no worries of losing it...

my job may not be in fear as theres about 6 students leaving in the next 6 months to go off to university which then leaves about 5 F&B staff...

who knows the only thing i can do is keep saving up £50 £50 there and if the case scenario is that i lose my job at last ill be able to keep paying for the car

Lol don't blame the situation on the PM quite an ignorent opinion tbh. When I plan to buy something on finance I WILL only buy it if I can afford the payments for 6 months while "out of work". This way if I were to loose my job I can continue payments for 6months until I get a job. I had to practise this in 2006 when I got made redundant it took me 6months to find and start a new job but due to my planning I was fine!. Quite often I arrange my own third party unemployment insurance which will take over if I am unemployed for more than 6months. That said YOU are to blame you signed the dotted line which is a formal contract.

As a side note Its EVERYONES fault, the whole world is in a recession not just the UK. Only its hitting us brits harder due to the mass of overpaid greedy self indulgant property developers artificially inflating property prices to unsustainable levels. Really not helped by using public money to fund these idiots on multimillion £ salary's who can't do a simple thing like run a bank in profit. This combined with our "buy everything now and pay later" culture both combine to us feeling it a lot more than other countries.

whereabouts are you working atm? the leisure industry is one of the biggest at the moment, out of all the playground companies we were one of only two that made a profit (and quite a large step up on last years atm).

you shouldnt struggle to get a job should you loose it, theres always tescos/mcdonalds/other places etc :)

whereabouts are you working atm? the leisure industry is one of the biggest at the moment, out of all the playground companies we were one of only two that made a profit (and quite a large step up on last years atm).

you shouldnt struggle to get a job should you loose it, theres always tescos/mcdonalds/other places etc :)

well i work in the hotel industry... being one of the only 2 full time food and beverage staff..

unless youve been told that you are going to have to leave your job or be made redundant etc, i would stay put and work it through tbh :)

your in a solid enough job, and if its a big branch hotel (travelodge, premier travel inn etc) i can see no problems :)

unless youve been told that you are going to have to leave your job or be made redundant etc, i would stay put and work it through tbh :)

your in a solid enough job, and if its a big branch hotel (travelodge, premier travel inn etc) i can see no problems :)

Agreed. Large companies will see it through. As Josh says, the supermarkets are booming at the moment so there will be a job available somewhere (y)

I personnally wouldnt worry about it :)

Back