FIAT and PSA Merger Approved By Shareholders

Currently reading:
FIAT and PSA Merger Approved By Shareholders

“Big Auto” ?. Because Tesla isn’t the most valuable car company in the world right now?

Batteries are almost always bought in from other companies like Panasonic who incidentally make the batteries for teslas, or rather tesla make Panasonic batteries under licence.
Tesla only announced its plans to start making its own batteries at the end of last year.
Just the sort of thing I was goit to say

The will source parts from various manufacturers for things such as battery's motors control systems
Company's like Bosch magenti marreli

You know like they do with most of the parts currently in fossil fuels cars

E.g various sensor's entertainment unit's engine ecus

An interesting and amusing take on the merger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPSINB_P4Ig
Worth watching the whole 11 minutes. It may make you laugh, and cry, equally.

I got very confused about 10 minutes ago when I looked to see what was going on with my shares and noted that FCA Had disappeared. Because they are sorted on the app alphabetically it had the little FCA logo further down the list under Stellantis, totally confused me, the down side is that it’s not done anything to improve the price of the stocks.

Do you want PSA based Fiats?...or no Fiats at all as that was the most likely outcome of no merger.

Other than the new electric 500 the whole range is old enough across the Fiat group to qualify for a bus pass and they didn't have a pot to **** in to develop anything new except the odd model.

So they'd have just kept cutting and cutting until all you could buy was an electric 500. The platform share at least opens up the possibility of cars that don't have roots in the Uno or the last corsa..

Of course they won't be drivers cars...but the SUV boom does rather demonstrate that no one cares about that.

Last edited:
or the last corsa..

Of course they won't be drivers cars...but the SUV boom does rather demonstrate that no one cares about that.

Now they will be all based on the new corsa ?.

In other news if you’re ever serious about a sporty “drivers” car then I don’t see the petrol heads lining up in droves any of the current fiat range at there nearest race track.

You can throw anything round on a track day but the last proper “drivers car” they made was probably the 124 which let’s face it, was a Mazda. And before that the 1998 coupe

Now they will be all based on the new corsa ?.

In other news if you’re ever serious about a sporty “drivers” car then I don’t see the petrol heads lining up in droves any of the current fiat range at there nearest race track.

You can throw anything round on a track day but the last proper “drivers car” they made was probably the 124 which let’s face it, was a Mazda. And before that the 1998 coupe

Well more recent Corsa is progress is it not?

You never know maybe they'll actually have a model range again.

Yeah I wasn't mentioning how the current range drives..but given I drove a fair few and then decided sod this I'm buying something else you can extrapolate from there.

Well more recent Corsa is progress is it not?

You never know maybe they'll actually have a model range again.

Yeah I wasn't mentioning how the current range drives..but given I drove a fair few and then decided sod this I'm buying something else you can extrapolate from there.

Current Corsa is a 208 in a smarter suit.
Feels like a Peugeot, drives like a Peugeot, made me want to cry.
Given the choice of Corsa or Fiesta, I'd have to take the Fiesta. And I had a lot of those with the AA, hated the things.

What PSA na fiat will now need to do with so many brands under one company is like VAG arrange the brands in some sort of order. Say to customers that “this brand is better than that brand” like VW is Deemed “better” or “more posh” than a skoda or seat. What would be disastrous for fiat if they all throw their hat in the same ring and start selling fiat, peugeot, Citroen and Vauxhall all at the same level and all competing with one another.

In this sort of line up fiat may even be at the bottom selling the panda and some sort of Punto cheaply, then I dunno Vauxhall followed by a peugeot maybe make a posher Citroen, the. You have “500” and “DS” as a fancy version with retro styling, you then work up the list to Alfa etc.

What I feel the problem is, is that you have Fiat, peugeot, Citroen and Vauxhall all in the same arena, not to mention DS and abarth, and I feel one of those is going to have to go, the french are not going to want to loose peugeot or Citroen, Vauxhall did a deal in that merger to keep making Vauxhall’s and FCA make a lot of other cars and already have the likes of lancia in hand but not used. I would be concerned that the 500 being the only new car from fiat in a long time might get sold under its own “500” brand as fiat have tried to do for years and the rest of fiat might disappear ? I don’t think that FCA have any loyalty to the fiat name as indicated by years of neglected new car development. I don’t think it would make financial sense to sell that many different brands who are all competing with one another. This could be the end of “fiat cars” just not the end of the fiat company the new company doesn’t even retain any part of the FCA name

Last edited:
Current Corsa is a 208 in a smarter suit.
Feels like a Peugeot, drives like a Peugeot, made me want to cry.
Given the choice of Corsa or Fiesta, I'd have to take the Fiesta. And I had a lot of those with the AA, hated the things.

Well you could buy nothing which is the current Fiat supermini offering.

Ideally things will get better with economies of scale, PSA powertrain is not great, they certainly could benefit from people who have driven anything except a PSA product for the last 20 years as they all seem to be the damn same.

However...give it 5 years everything will be electric, that gearbox will be in the circle of hell it belongs in as will the weird springy clutch they've insisted on since at least 2000.

At that point it'll drive like everything else on the market.

I would not like to position the various brands, Citroën exists on it's own little slightly oddball path the rest do have a fair bit of overlap.

Last edited:
Vauxhall have been pushing the replacement for the Mokka the last few days, by all accounts it definitely looks very different to previous Vauxhall’s, that’s not the main thing.

The main most shocking aspect of the new Vauxhall mokka is that motoring journalists are actually saying nice things about it. I can’t remember the last time a journalist said anything nice about any Vauxhall, they have been pretty bland since the late 90s but since peugeot took over suddenly people are taking some notice !

Maybe there is hope for Fiat in this merger after all. Imagine if peugeot actually put some money into marketing and they make some cars that people take notice of like with the new mokka, fiat could have a half decent future !!!???

Vauxhall have been pushing the replacement for the Mokka the last few days, by all accounts it definitely looks very different to previous Vauxhall’s, that’s not the main thing.

The main most shocking aspect of the new Vauxhall mokka is that motoring journalists are actually saying nice things about it. I can’t remember the last time a journalist said anything nice about any Vauxhall, they have been pretty bland since the late 90s but since peugeot took over suddenly people are taking some notice !

Maybe there is hope for Fiat in this merger after all. Imagine if peugeot actually put some money into marketing and they make some cars that people take notice of like with the new mokka, fiat could have a half decent future !!!???

I've never got that with fiat
With the exception of the 500 family they don't market any cars in the UK

When I first joined this forum I've never heard of the fiat Tipo despite it being on sale in the UK nearly 2 years and even now several years later I've still not seen an advert for it apart from on this forum at the top

Then fiat wonder why it isn't selling well wonder how few people in the UK even know what the cars are

They didn’t really advertise the tipo but usually they will bring out a new car like
The 500L and later on the 500x they will advertise them for about a year then you don’t here anything more about them.

I don’t understand that either, as most other brands are always advertising something from their line up, even if it’s a special addition or even just a brand ad.

The 'press talk' currently is about a

'Alfa , Lancia ,Peugeot' SUV

TWO out of four is a fair start..

Looking at the pictures online for the ‘lancia’ suv, this appears to be the, if not the same car as the new Mokka. Pictures seem to be from about 6 months ago so I wonder if the rumour mill assumed the new Mokka would be something more Italian ?

vauxhall-mokka-e-green-parked-charging-1-lead-scaled.jpg

The new Mokka

Lancia-B-SUV.jpg

What is supposed to be the new Lancia

The new 2021 Alfa Romeo “Tonale” apparently goes on sale this year and shares a platform with the jeep renegade and the 500x so different platform to Peugeot.

Last edited:
I just stopped by my local dealer (West Coast USA) to talk to the parts department, and asked one of the sales guys if they had any new Fiats in.... nope, apparently they've pulled Fiat out of the US market entirely?? What's the word with the new owners?

How much of FIAT group does this effect.

The old Italian call centre that handled @20 brands...

Alfa.Lancia
New Holland
Ferrari
Maserati

Fiat Professional was always close to PSA anyway.

Anybody know if the call centre still exists... and who they are handling calls for ?

Back