Best and worst looking Fiat cars?

Currently reading:
Best and worst looking Fiat cars?

Which Fiat car do you think looks the best?

Which Fiat car do you think looks the worst?

For me the best looking is...the Barchetta.

And the worst looking is... the Cinquecento / Seicento.

I've never owned either of these models, and have no idea on reliability. The Barchetta just looks nice? No?

Where and when would you drive your best looking car?

For me a late summers evening in the countryside would be great!

Last edited:
Which Fiat car do you think looks the best?

Which Fiat car do you think looks the worst?

For me the best looking is...the Barchetta.

And the worst looking is... the Cinquecento / Seicento.

I've never owned either of these models, and have no idea on reliability. The Barchetta just looks nice? No?

Where and when would you drive your best looking car?

For me a late summers evening in the countryside would be great!

You've not said what era?

The 1996 Bravo was good, as was the Coupe
Barchetta was pretty

2008 500 2 door was well done

Current, nothing of note
500e is ok,

Styling money still goes to Milan rather than Turin 😉

Although.. Guigaro did ok in 2005 😉

Sorry, but I have to disagree with AnthonyH. Fiat Cinquecento Sporting - Love the looks, late '80's design but released in the 90's and on those 13" Abarth Speedlines... 👌

So many beautiful cars over the years but the pinnacle for me has to be the Dino Spider

worst looking at the ugly end of the spectrum.... well you can't not point out the OG multipla. It was a technically brilliant car, but its a hard face to love.

The Fiat Idea was equally ugly in my opinion.

I was never a fan of the Barchetta, but then that may be guided by the oddity of an open top two seater with a transversely mounted front wheel drive set up.

That being said the Coupe was similar in that respect but I still have love for the Coupe, mainly because it is much more practical and came with that lovely 5 pot turbo. Then again its only in recent years I have come to love the looks of the Coupe it is very much a marmite design.

Historically fiat has made a lot of boxes over the years. 128, 131 etc all pretty much lacking in any sort of "design" that couldn't be achieved by any school boy with a ruler and a sheet of A4

I have a lot of love for the Cinq because of what it was in it's time, not a work of art design wise but I like it more than the Sei which to me just softened the cinq design to have appeal to new customers but was essentially the same car. The Cinq was the first post 80s car to actually move away from 90 degree angles.

So many beautiful cars over the years but the pinnacle for me has to be the Dino Spider

worst looking at the ugly end of the spectrum.... well you can't not point out the OG multipla. It was a technically brilliant car, but its a hard face to love.

The Fiat Idea was equally ugly in my opinion.

I was never a fan of the Barchetta, but then that may be guided by the oddity of an open top two seater with a transversely mounted front wheel drive set up.

That being said the Coupe was similar in that respect but I still have love for the Coupe, mainly because it is much more practical and came with that lovely 5 pot turbo. Then again its only in recent years I have come to love the looks of the Coupe it is very much a marmite design.

Historically fiat has made a lot of boxes over the years. 128, 131 etc all pretty much lacking in any sort of "design" that couldn't be achieved by any school boy with a ruler and a sheet of A4

I have a lot of love for the Cinq because of what it was in it's time, not a work of art design wise but I like it more than the Sei which to me just softened the cinq design to have appeal to new customers but was essentially the same car. The Cinq was the first post 80s car to actually move away from 90 degree angles. Also I like playing here it was nice experience
I agree, many consider the Dino Spider to be a design masterpiece, myself included. As for 128, 131, these models were designed with practicality and affordability in mind, so prioritizing aesthetics may not have been the main issue. Their square shapes were typical of the era.

I preferred the Dino coupe to spyder and, possibly controversial, 128 Coupe, loos like a muscle car in miniature and 128 targa/X19, miniature super car for best looking and MII strada and Regatta for worst, it was like they put no effort into them, might work for German cars but lazy design cannot be forgiven

As for a beautiful Fiat, has to be the Fiat 130 Coupe. I saw this beauty in Malta last year and it was absolutely immaculate.

IMG_3589.jpg

Fiat 850 Sports coupe, wins hands down as little gem that anyone could easily afford.

I agree the 124 coupe comes a very close second.

Ugly is as ugly looks. I don't mind a ugly cars body. What's within that counts for something.

Would that include lancia? they had far prettier cars

Best Looking:
131 Mirafiori Sport
130 Coupe
Dino
Coupe
127 Sport
Strada 130 TC Abarth
595 Abarth
X19
850 spider
& Obviously mine 😂

Worst Looking:
Multipla(I'd love to know exactly what they were taking the day when that monstrosity hit the drawing board & they thought "hmmm interesting"😂)
500X(worst Fiat I've driven)
500L & XL
Punto mk2b(front too similar to Polo)
Ulysse
New 124(basically a MX5 playing fancy dress)

I'm entirely with @icheatatscrabble 130 Coupe is perfection. And I'll leap to the defence of the Cinquecento. Neat, unfussy, I still think they look great.
There was never a car more willfully hideous than the 1998 Multipla, but obviously they're brilliant :)
I had a Cinquecento as my first car & I'd love to have another one day, I remember being 17 & being right on the bumper of a brand new Merc SLK pushing it through the back lanes in my £300 Cinquecento 😂 those were the days & they handled fantastic through the bends, pretty much as good as 141 Pandas & Mini's, probably one of the very few cars you could get away with doing off the clock over Ranmore just outside Dorking & throwing them into roundabouts flat out, quite good at jumping speed humps as well, the memories of being 17 with a banged up Cinquecento 😂

Had to be the stratos
I had the chance to go out on the track in one (Fiat dealership day out, mainly to see the Fiat Challenge). I think the instructor was more scared than I was, it wasn’t at any great speed and wasn’t meant to be a racing lap. The steering was VERY heavy and you were careful not to push it, quick but twitchy and that was just the sphincter…Definitely one for the bank.

Back