Technical Esc, hill holder, brake switch...

Currently reading:
Technical Esc, hill holder, brake switch...

abandonearth

Morning all,

2017 panda 15000 miles has been throwing the hill holder, esc errors intermittently. Based on the wisdom of the forum I replaced the brake switch with an aftermarket (intermotor) switch. It is now returning the ESC error. I've hooked it up to a friends diagnostic gear and have attached pictures of the results.

Took the switch out, tested it and put it back in and no errors as yet. Thoughts on what could be going on? Loath to spend more without guidance.

Thanks,

Attachments

• PXL_20240406_091148544.jpg
    PXL_20240406_091148544.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20240406_092645560.jpg
    PXL_20240406_092645560.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
Check the earth strap that goes from the gearbox to the body, lift the battery & battery tray out & you'll see the strap, I had this exact issue with my 2018 Panda last year where it was throwing up ESC, hill holder etc intermittently so I removed the battery along with the tray & was greeted by a very badly corroded earth strap as it's very exposed where it's located, changed strap for about £5 & it's been fine ever since

Morning all,

2017 panda 15000 miles has been throwing the hill holder, esc errors intermittently. Based on the wisdom of the forum I replaced the brake switch with an aftermarket (intermotor) switch. It is now returning the ESC error. I've hooked it up to a friends diagnostic gear and have attached pictures of the results.

Took the switch out, tested it and put it back in and no errors as yet. Thoughts on what could be going on? Loath to spend more without guidance.

Thanks,
New battery time in my experience (and many others on here!)

Can you find a code on the current battery to tell you how old it is??
If same age as car (2017), and especially with low mileage/useage, that six or seven year old battery will be shot. Ignore any error/fault codes as these will take you on a wild goose chase if the voltage the sensors need to give correct feedback is wrong.

I’ll quote from an earlier thread (you might choose to read back though it all - basically, distrust fault codes until you replace the battery…)
https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/eld-hillhold-esc-are-all-unavailable.497014/post-4659945

Last edited:
Back