Technical Panda twinAir oil pressure switch?

Currently reading:
Technical Panda twinAir oil pressure switch?

This might help too (it might not!). This is what the specific faults are shown by that sensor in MES: interesting that incorrect range (which I assume means wrong pressure) has a different code. So maybe the sensor is/was faulty or at least not connecting fully?

1706570895803.png

Right think it's all fixed, it was the oil switch not earthing with the engine. Because of the plastic oil filter housing it relies on a small piece of metal that's under the oil pressure switch and contacts one of the bolts that holds the housing to the block, there must of been some corrosion so cleaned it up and now the lights gone out Happy days 😁 thanks for all the help👍👍

Attachments

• PXL_20240130_131647419.jpg
    PXL_20240130_131647419.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20240130_125156794.jpg
    PXL_20240130_125156794.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20240130_095528368.jpg
    PXL_20240130_095528368.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Right think it's all fixed, it was the oil switch not earthing with the engine. Because of the plastic oil filter housing it relies on a small piece of metal that's under the oil pressure switch and contacts one of the bolts that holds the housing to the block, there must of been some corrosion so cleaned it up and now the lights gone out Happy days 😁 thanks for all the help👍👍
Great feedback: this should get pinned somewhere?

My panda is the exact same the triangle of doom has being on how nearly two years I bought MES and the code is for oil pressure switch I’ve replaced it now twice genuine part I’ve even replaced the oil pump so if Iam reading this right did you replace the oil filter housing?

My panda is the exact same the triangle of doom has being on how nearly two years I bought MES and the code is for oil pressure switch I’ve replaced it now twice genuine part I’ve even replaced the oil pump so if Iam reading this right did you replace the oil filter housing?
No just cleaned the area under the pressure switch and the longer bolt that goes through the metal that earth's the pressure switch to the engine. If you get a multimeter and test the continuity between the metal part of the switch and the top of the engine to see if it's getting a connection to the engine 👍

No just cleaned the area under the pressure switch and the longer bolt that goes through the metal that earth's the pressure switch to the engine. If you get a multimeter and test the continuity between the metal part of the switch and the top of the engine to see if it's getting a connection to the engine 👍
Here’s a pic of a new oil housing i see what you mean now
IMG_2106.png

Here’s a pic of a new oil housing i see what you mean now View attachment 437742
Which usefully 'proves' my point that often a fault code results from a 'mechicanical' issue (such as a broken wire, failed contacts), rather than the need to replace expensive parts such as sensors etc. It points you in the right general direction but often not much further :)

Which usefully 'proves' my point that often a fault code results from a 'mechicanical' issue (such as a broken wire, failed contacts), rather than the need to replace expensive parts such as sensors etc. It points you in the right general direction but often not much further :)
👍👍

Hi all, I keep getting the orange triangle with the exclamation mark on the dash fault code reader says oil pressure switch signal incorrect after event so I've checked the wire purchased a new switch done a oil and filter change but it's still on? Any ideas thanks in advance Simon
Hi I tried the same method on my oil pressure switch but it didn’t work for me I was so disappointed as I’ve been looking at that light now for 18 months I tried MES again it will clear the fault but it comes back straight away do you think it’s a code that only a fiat garage can remove?
IMG_2113.jpeg

So the triangle light goes out when the switch is connected? My light was saying on all the time.

So the triangle light goes out when the switch is connected? My light was saying on all the time.
Yes mine stays on all the time two the yellow triangle. When I take the connection off the switch the red triangle comes on and goes off when I replace the connection so I take it the switch is working and the wiring to it is fine

try connecting a wire from the body, or battery negative to the side ofthe seitch.. i.e. diectly earth the switch and see of it reacts.
Hi I just wanted to up date about my oil switch problem I put the wire on to the side of the switch and on to the engine and for the first time in 18 months the triangle of doom has went out so Iam up for a service and MOT in a few months and I’ll get it fixed up better then many thanks to everyone that answered my questions especially the panda nut you have helped me a lot this pass while and I very much appreciate it many many thanks

Hi I just wanted to up date about my oil switch problem I put the wire on to the side of the switch and on to the engine and for the first time in 18 months the triangle of doom has went out so Iam up for a service and MOT in a few months and I’ll get it fixed up better then many thanks to everyone that answered my questions especially the panda nut you have helped me a lot this pass while and I very much appreciate it many many thanks
Feedback always good to have.

A common diagnosis across ALL cars with multiple faults and error codes appearing can quite often be quickly narrowed down to one of two causes..

Low battery volts​
Poor earth connection somewhere​
This is a great example of the 2nd situation!

Hi all, I have had this issue on my Twinair 500 for over two years and now finally thanks to this forum sorted it out;).

In my case I tried removing the bolt that earths the strap that goes to the oil pressure switch and making sure both the earth strap and bolt were clean. I did the same with the oil pressure switch and put it back in . When I tested it with a multimeter it was not giving a reading to earth so I decided to run a wire from the outer oil pressure switch casing to the nearest earthed bolt which happened to be on the top of the engine. I checked the reading was good ,started the car and for the first time in two years the yellow triangle light went out ;-) .
In my case I believe the aluminium oil pressure switch housing that is fixed to the oil filter housing has failed where it makes contact with the earthing strap due to corrosion between the two metals thus giving a bad earth.

Back