Technical P1121 again 2013 panda trekking twinair

Currently reading:
Technical P1121 again 2013 panda trekking twinair

PatrickV

I have had several weeks of problems with P1121 accelerator pedal fault.

Issue : Stop start not available and then engine check light followed by limp home.

I have replaced the pedal, the gearbox earth cable. Nothing seemed to fix the issue, if any thing it got worse.

I then started checking through all the electrical connections.

The fault in the end was a loose connection within the smalle engine ecu plug. It was caused by the harness not being retained correctly by the zip tie.

I thought I'd post this as I really struggled to get this car fixed over several weeks and alot of work and some money.

Hope this helps someone.

IMG-20240321-WA0000.jpeg

I have had several weeks of problems with P1121 accelerator pedal fault.

Issue : Stop start not available and then engine check light followed by limp home.

I have replaced the pedal, the gearbox earth cable. Nothing seemed to fix the issue, if any thing it got worse.

I then started checking through all the electrical connections.

The fault in the end was a loose connection within the smalle engine ecu plug. It was caused by the harness not being retained correctly by the zip tie.

I thought I'd post this as I really struggled to get this car fixed over several weeks and alot of work and some money.

Hope this helps someone.
Further supporting my (stuck record) comments - most fault codes are more often the result of poor connection, low battery voltage or mechanical issues, rather than the ‘thing’ the code says it is. Too often these days, garage ‘technicians’ rely on what the computer tells them, rather than the more methodical approach to fault finding a true motor engineer will adopt :)

Back