Technical Panda twinAir oil pressure switch?

Currently reading:
Technical Panda twinAir oil pressure switch?

Simonzwh

Hi all, I keep getting the orange triangle with the exclamation mark on the dash fault code reader says oil pressure switch signal incorrect after event so I've checked the wire purchased a new switch done a oil and filter change but it's still on? Any ideas thanks in advance Simon

Attachments

• PXL_20240126_121147904.jpg
    PXL_20240126_121147904.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 80
  • PXL_20240127_091056036.jpg
    PXL_20240127_091056036.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
Hi all, I keep getting the orange triangle with the exclamation mark on the dash fault code reader says oil pressure switch signal incorrect after event so I've checked the wire purchased a new switch done a oil and filter change but it's still on? Any ideas thanks in advance Simon
Does your OBDII reader allow real time outputs - i.e. can you measure the voltage output from the sensor?

Here's the light in the dash

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_125931.jpg
    IMG_20240129_125931.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 51
Here's the light in the dash
When you first switch on the car do you get a message that disappears here? Blink and you miss it!

With respect to your code reader I would approach any output with caution since I believe the FIAT system is a bit fussy with generic types - others on here will contribute more on that than I can, but a full version of MES is I believe the recommended route.

1706538456386.png

How can I test the wire that clips onto the oil pressure switch?

When you first switch on the car do you get a message that disappears here? Blink and you miss it!

With respect to your code reader I would approach any output with caution since I believe the FIAT system is a bit fussy with generic types - others on here will contribute more on that than I can, but a full version of MES is I believe the recommended route.

View attachment 437423
No message on the dash

How can I test the wire that clips onto the oil pressure switch?
Not sure about that since it is a CanBus system then "old school" continuity type tests are probably inappropriate. I have a TA engined Panda but I don't know if it is a switch (on/off) or proportional sensor that delivers pressure (ie variable voltage output).

When I first fitted the new oil pressure switch and started the car the light was out on the dash so thought it was fixed so left it over night and when I started it in the morning it was back on 😜

When I first fitted the new oil pressure switch and started the car the light was out on the dash so thought it was fixed so left it over night and when I started it in the morning it was back on 😜
Okaay... I don't think the yellow triangle warnings latch (and therefore don't have to be cleared by code reader) the "triangle of doom" typically shows when a bulb is out (in my experience). @Herts Hillhopper may be able to add something here. Generally you'll get more response (and probably better informed) this evening as folk settle in front of their computers.

Last edited:
I've rest the light and it's stayed off for the mo will check it again tomorrow 🤞 my code reader is a foxwell nt7x6 it's not too bad 😁

I think you need to look for the cause... it's likely not reporting that the sensor was faulty, but the signal from it. This could be owing to lower oil pressure than expected (eg failing pump, blocked strainer), or conversely, oil pressure too high (failing relief valve for example). Changing the oil won't (necessarily) alter these, and replacing the pressure sensor just means a new sensor is sending the same signal.

The warning triangle can be generated by a whole series of things, including the oil pressure not being as expected... see photos of handbook, so along with your fault code that does seem to point in that direction. I'd be looking to read the actual pressure values in real time (which MulitiECUscan can do, but maybe yours can too?)

That's a good code reader (although not, I believe, supported by Foxwell in the UK). However, although all code readers will read codes from all cars (owing to the international standard ODB2 -- On Board Diagnostics, second generation), Fiat (like most other makes) has its own extra codes that can (generally) only be read by a dealer, or using MultiECUScan on a PC or as a phone app. That oil code is a 'generic' one though that all readers should see and report on correctly. My car had codes cleared by a non-Fiat mechanic when the alternator was replaced (the falling voltage as the battery drained with no alternator charging it stored a huge selection of fault codes!), but they 'missed' Fiat-specific codes stored by the 4x4 system and didn't reset the steering position sensor. I bought MES (iOS version) to help identify a glow plug issue, and was able to see and clear those other codes on the way past. Car now goes much better, and steers straight too :)

1706551198050.jpeg

1706551215120.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies I did clean the oil strainer just above the spark plugs but it was quite clean already, I think I've got all the colored leads somewhere for the multi scan program had them for my doblo in the past. I've got a oil pressure tester coming tomorrow too. Does anyone know what the correct oil pressure should be?

Back