General Phone Holder update please

Currently reading:
General Phone Holder update please

Panda2007

Hi, I've just purchased a Panda Waze 4x4 2019 with a neat socket for the phone ln the top of the dash. There are other posts about this but the links seem to have expired. I don't really want a TomTom, this is for the phone and google maps if I need it. I have a Samsung S10e, nothing giant or fancy! Are they still available and do they have a proper name? Thanks

By 2017 Fiat stopped offering a TomTom unit (where the holder provided power to the sat nav), and replaced with a 'dumb' phone holder that has no electrical connections at all and is really just a rather well (over?) engineered plastic phone holder that fits most phone models, as it expands out to suit. You should have a a USB socket alongside that is there to power the phone. The 'Waze' special edition was intended to promote the free Waze app for Smartphones and worked (not too well!) with Fiat's rather pointless Panda Connect app (which basically duplicated the radio controls but further away than those on the radio itself). The part number is 735664419 but as mentioned in earlier replies they sell for silly money.

My iPhone fits well, and it's a good, non-wobbly holder that mechanically locks into the mounting hole in the dash. I use it for running Waze in my 4x4 (just as the app, not via Fiat's Panda app), powering the iphone from a neat, very short USB-Lightning cable from Halfords thats only about 100mm long.

1705868343098.jpeg

1705868366468.jpeg

1705868379729.jpeg

1705869181464.jpeg

Last edited:
Try auto doc as well I have seen them on there. Occasionally seen at around £50 on eBay. They dont do anything an aftermarket holder wouldnt do and possibly better.
Occasionally seen one for c£50 on eBay. The holder holds my Samsung A10 and would accomodate a larger phone. At least they lock off solidly.

By 2017 Fiat stopped offering a TomTom unit (where the holder provided power to the sat nav), and replaced with a 'dumb' phone holder that has no electrical connections at all and is really just a rather well (over?) engineered plastic phone holder that fits most phone models, as it expands out to suit. You should have a a USB socket alongside that is there to power the phone. The 'Waze' special edition was intended to promote the free Waze app for Smartphones and worked (not too well!) with Fiat's rather pointless Panda Connect app (which basically duplicated the radio controls but further away than those on the radio itself). The part number is 735664419 but as mentioned in earlier replies they sell for silly money.

My iPhone fits well, and it's a good, non-wobbly holder that mechanically locks into the mounting hole in the dash. I use it for running Waze in my 4x4 (just as the app, not via Fiat's Panda app), powering the iphone from a neat, very short USB-Lightning cable from Halfords thats only about 100mm long.

View attachment 436965
View attachment 436966
View attachment 436967

View attachment 436968
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, especially the source for the short cable, super useful. Does the phone have to sit crossways rather than vertical so the cable can access the phone or is there a hole in the base of the grippy bit?

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, especially the source for the short cable, super useful. Does the phone have to sit crossways rather than vertical so the cable can access the phone or is there a hole in the base of the grippy bit?
The holder itself rotates, so the phone can sit vertically with the wire still connected. Personally I find Waze works better with it horizontally (and in fact Google sometimes shows a symbol suggesting the phone should be rotated to sit that way with their sat nav). That way it blocks less view of the road ahead. (But also means face recognition doesn't work to unlock the phone)
1705929066596.jpeg

1705929041065.jpeg

Last edited:
Could I ask, how do you remove the phone cradle, Ive tried pressing in the 2 rubber lumps at the sides, but nothing seems to move..daft question I know…

I still have mine, despite having sent the car off to scrap in 2021, my phone holder is special though 😉 mine does height adjustment and allows for much more control over where the phone sits.

I think given how expensive they are getting I might just hold on to it till I retire. I still have the box for it too

I bought mine in 2018/19 for about £55 but the last time I saw them for sale they were well over £100

Attachments

• IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2671.jpeg
    IMG_2671.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
Back