DSC_0029.JPG

Cinquecento Emma's Turbo Progress Thread!

Introduction

Hey, as some of u may know my turbo cinq is in the middle of having an engine rebuild by my dad. This is the progress so far, and will add to this thread as things happen.

So far......
Port and poilsh and a bit of boring out nearly finished
120 bhp nice will put a few smiles on ya face(y) and an angry look on otheres haha
so ur dad used to work at cosworth my uncle worked too:slayer:

thanx matt c

sumplug said:
morning guy.
ive recently seen a new way of doing heads. the heads use a vortex shape to enhance the flow. have you come across this and have any experiance with this?:)

You will find this idea in half of the range of Peugeot engines.

This is why I never come on this forum anymore, there is always so much negative feedback and difference of opinion going on. When there are so many opinions, the best information is hard to interpret and you often end up especially if you are inexperienced or new to an area that you end up on false pretenses doing/buying what is not the best product as one person says this the other says that. I only want to know what is truly relevant and what is the best so unless it is the best knowlege I do not want it, which often seems to be the case on this forum. I am only relatively young but I just want the best knowlege and one truely accurate opinion.

Also people are far to competetive and you really can tell that a number (not all) of the members on here are quite young and get pretty immature and like to knock what people have done down out of jelousy. At the end of the day its your car, to do what you want with, so please enjoy it and never let other people knock you down its probably your pride and joy so don't let anyone else tell you different. Were all mainly car enthusiasts and were all different so lets just do it our way and have fun!

Thats a bit of a snobish attitude. End of the day, we all want best advice on stuff. But there are many differnt opinions and interpretations of what is best. No-one knows everything. Picking out the best bits, and relevant information is a handy life skill.

JR said:
This is why I never come on this forum anymore, there is always so much negative feedback and difference of opinion going on. When there are so many opinions, the best information is hard to interpret and you often end up especially if you are inexperienced or new to an area that you end up on false pretenses doing/buying what is not the best product as one person says this the other says that. I only want to know what is truly relevant and what is the best so unless it is the best knowlege I do not want it, which often seems to be the case on this forum. I am only relatively young but I just want the best knowlege and one truely accurate opinion.

Also people are far to competetive and you really can tell that a number (not all) of the members on here are quite young and get pretty immature and like to knock what people have done down out of jelousy. At the end of the day its your car, to do what you want with, so please enjoy it and never let other people knock you down its probably your pride and joy so don't let anyone else tell you different. Were all mainly car enthusiasts and were all different so lets just do it our way and have fun!

More than a bit snobbish IMO (n) Ever heard of the saying there's more than one way to skin a cat?

I knew I would acheive some negative remarks from what I said, please remember I am not trying to offend anybody, as there are bound to be some people who like this forum (everyone is different), I respect that. I am not a snob, if you knew the amount of aggresive pm's from various members and unhelpful information you would understand where I am coming from! Like most of us (hopefully) I just want to enjoy my car and I hope everyone does the same, just on my past experiences I do not wish to spend more time on here. I do not want to go into names or detail as I know that will cause further ruptions! Sorry guys if it came accross in the wrong way.

JR said:
I am not a snob, if you knew the amount of aggresive pm's from various members and unhelpful information you would understand where I am coming from! Like most of us (hopefully) I just want to enjoy my car and I hope everyone does the same, just on my past experiences I do not wish to spend more time on here.

From my experiences of FF, any problems have been sorted amicably, and believe me, there have been a few, as other FFers would testify.
The idea of a Forum is that ideas and opinions are exchanged. Of course, some people post inaccurate information - but then again, not everyone is perfect - any wrong info tends to get questioned/corrected. It also allows others to learn theory that they may not otherwise come across. If someone sees something they're not sure of, then there is no harm in asking 'I've seen a thread about (subject X) but I'm not sure about (point Y), could someone explain please?'. We are a friendly bunch :)

Opinions are like rear ends, everybodys got one and they're all slightly different :D this will be the same wherever you go, although in smaller forums there may not be as many they're still there :p

I only want to know what is truly relevant and what is the best so unless it is the best knowlege I do not want it, which often seems to be the case on this forum.

You say you do not want it unless there is the best knowledge, in aspect of doing things there are many ways, not nececarily a right/wrong way but different ways, same applies here. Also did you yourself not make assumptions about a product after just looking at it rather than going with the knowledge and experience of people that had used the product? :confused:

End of the day its impossible to please everyone but with the traffic this site generates it has to be one of the best at pleasing people otherwise they wouldn't keep coming back :slayer:

p.s. offtopic :p

JR said:

I happen to enjoy this forum, theres much help available, and yeh there are some annoying people who just diss you, or your car etc but generally everyone is here to help, i have gained much help form other members, and like the idea of having different opinions

eg. if i ask about clutch cable fitting to a cinq.. if someone replies, but gets something a bit wrong, someone else will come along and correct..

Without FF my car/cars would undoubtably look and maybe perform sh**e, but most members help eachother out, and i have purchased lots off other members..... yes there are a few arguments etc, and spam but that happens wherever...

FiatForum rocks :slayer:

No, the touch of a moderator's hand will have it back in order...
Back on topic... Emma, how much does this sort of thing cost? I appreciate that you have discount rates on some of the labour, but was just wondering? And are the pistons balanced? Standard Coupe 20VT pistons are balanced, to within +/- 5 grams, which isn't very balanced! :eek:
H

Sorry, was just sticking up for FF lol

Back on topic... your car looks very nice, JT suits the yello and how long you reckon it will be before its going pssssschhttt? :p

Craig

More progress, pistons are now low compression with a dish and are actually thicker now than when Van Aaken did the originals, because Mahle has made a better strength piston than Fiat!(In my Dad opinion)

Also the block has been painted a nice blue colour :yum:

Any off topic points please pm me, rather than ruining my thread again! thankyou :)

emz

Attachments

• DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 68
Back