DSC_0029.JPG

Cinquecento Emma's Turbo Progress Thread!

Introduction

Hey, as some of u may know my turbo cinq is in the middle of having an engine rebuild by my dad. This is the progress so far, and will add to this thread as things happen.

So far......
Port and poilsh and a bit of boring out nearly finished
I'm sure that em's dad knows a thing or too bou turbo engines people ;)

Em all starting to come together nicely

On the flywheels I know that I found one flywheel I had was a slight dif bolt patern to another and 1108 and 1242 ones are different weights..

Get some pics of your core plugs up :D :eek:

Oldschool said:
This is not about an argument.

Emma's dad certainly knows a company that used to be called Rovercraft. It was run by two brothers. They did Paris Dakar race preparation amongst other things. They were very well known in their days. The were racing themselves.
One day one of the two brothers saw the other one die crashing with over 160mph into a barrier. I knew them both quite well. When I speak to him today I speak to a broken man who feels guilty, because something broke that shouldn't have done so because it was overlooked.

Why is it that guys like you need to see someone die before you take things serious?

I get what your saying, and i am taking it seriously, i will find out if what has been done is safe. As it happens we have a spare flywheel if it has been done wrong.
thankyou for your concerns :)

emma

jamie86 said:
Rather than trashing Em's thread any more why not just discuss my attitude via PM if it's really that much of a concern to all of you lot :rolleyes:

Its not that, I felt there was a lack of understanding going on, that's all :)

Apologies to Em :eek:

back on subject. ford zetec pistons with a little machining to spec fit the fire engine. better piston then the fiat one.
flywheels in race trim are about 3.5kg in weight. fiat challenge run at 5kg. they need extra fasteners to stop them moving. dowling is one way. another area that makes good power is sorting the crankcase out. :) (y)

sumplug said:
back on subject. ford zetec pistons with a little machining to spec fit the fire engine. better piston then the fiat one.

It's already been mentioned that they ain't fiat pistons going in there though.

The PCD on the flywheels can differ, if yours does get redone Emma and you find the spare flywheel you have is the wrong PCD, I have a couple of spare ones that you are more than welcome to.

Theres a lot of what about this and what about that going on on this thread when all Emma was doing was trying to update on what was happening with her car, some may not even have known that she bought a poorly hi-boost turbo and in so doing is keeping one of these rare breeds on the road, something I think she be applauded. Its not for me to mention her Dads background but he is an engineer for one of the worlds most revered engine builders, everything from road cars to F1 so has many years experince of developing, racing and rallying cars.

So lets watch and listen to see what other tricks up his sleeve he deploys on this engine in his quest to make it powerful, reliable, tractable, and ultimately faster than mine, his prime objective really, lol

Now where do i get that reprofilled cam and an exhaust to suit a turbo engine from again ;)

J333EVO said:
Theres a lot of what about this and what about that going on on this thread when all Emma was doing was trying to update on what was happening with her car, some may not even have known that she bought a poorly hi-boost turbo and in so doing is keeping one of these rare breeds on the road, something I think she be applauded. Its not for me to mention her Dads background but he is an engineer for one of the worlds most revered engine builders, everything from road cars to F1 so has many years experince of developing, racing and rallying cars.

So lets watch and listen to see what other tricks up his sleeve he deploys on this engine in his quest to make it powerful, reliable, tractable, and ultimately faster than mine, his prime objective really, lol

Now where do i get that reprofilled cam and an exhaust to suit a turbo engine from again ;)

Might be a bit of a stupid question, but would the 'Cosworth engineer' that Aaron sometimes refers to and Em's dad be the same person? :) :chin:

How much power and torque are we looking at getting from this lump? :D

J333EVO said:

Thankyou Aaron xxx
This is true my dad has tricks up his sleeve to hopefully out do Aaron's turbo, that even i dont know about, probably because he doesnt want to give Aaron any ideas,lol ;)

emz

chaos said:
Might be a bit of a stupid question, but would the 'Cosworth engineer' that Aaron sometimes refers to and Em's dad be the same person? :) :chin:

How much power and torque are we looking at getting from this lump? :D

Yes that would be correct :D

Umm hard to say at this point but would be aiming for around the 120bhp mark if possible!

emz

mase said:
novitec quote 118bhp from their high boost 1242 turbo conversion, so i would say 125 is achievable with a few other mods. :slayer:
dont need a turbo to acheive 120 bhp out of the 1242.:)

foxyemx said:
Thankyou Aaron xxx
This is true my dad has tricks up his sleeve to hopefully out do Aaron's turbo, that even i dont know about, probably because he doesnt want to give Aaron any ideas,lol ;)

emz

So that's what that other 1108 was for :chin:

mase said:
ok people..... ive got rid of all the off topic crap on this thread in an attempt to keep it to the original topic.

a thread for emma to post the progress of her turbo restoration... simple as that.

any problems... PM me!!!

Thanks Mase, it was getting a bit out of hand :rolleyes:

emz

Back