Technical Dynamic timing belt change questions

Currently reading:
Technical Dynamic timing belt change questions

Pandablues

2007 1.2 Dynamic.
How easy/difficult is a timing belt change?
Any special tools required?
I can't find one, is there a walkthrough anywhere?
Thanks.

2007 1.2 Dynamic.
How easy/difficult is a timing belt change?
Any special tools required?
I can't find one, is there a walkthrough anywhere?
Thanks.

is it a 1.2 8V petrol ? if so will be simple and there is a guide for it somewhere on here
you will need a few basic tools
timing marks can be hard to see but if you get it wrong it wont do any damage
has the belt gone or are you replacing as a caution ?
if belt still intact you can use the marking method,
remove aux belt pulley and get a paint pen mark the timing belt and pulley with a line on both camshaft and main shaft pulleys, then remove belt and holding new belt next to old one transfer the marks onto new belt, fit new belt up to same marks on pulleys
adjust tensioner and should be ok,
someone will post more info or a link to a page where its been explained fully
not quite as simple as that but

The age of your car will have the later auto tensioner and no timing marks, like mine.
This guide: https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/237966-1-2-8v-evo-2-engine-cam-belt-replacement.html is spot on for our engine too.

You do need the crank and cam tools, and the tensioner setting tool is useful, but you can get away with using circlip pliers. The whole kit is c.£90, but you don't need the tool for the twin cam, or the box. I found a company offering replacement parts for the kit, cost me £43 for the three tools.
http://www.jhmbuttco.com/acatalog/info_AST4950.html
or email [email protected]
Full kit is AST4950, but the parts are:
AST4951 & AST4952 are the crank and cam tools, can't remember which is which, and if you want it AST4513 is the tensioner tool.
As these are not stock items, they took 3 weeks to arrive, so you may wish to buy the whole kit is time is important.

Last edited:
Many thanks, I won't be doing any of it, no longer have a Panda, but the chap who asked me is well pleased (y)

Back