Technical Ducato P0401 P0402 P0236 P0238 and limp mode its 2017 Euro 6, EGR changed, What do I check next

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato P0401 P0402 P0236 P0238 and limp mode its 2017 Euro 6, EGR changed, What do I check next

Injectors corrections I had on old (before change) just on started engine not driving over 2mm^3 now on band new on I have on started engine less than 2mm^3. During driving it is going more than 2 mm^3. I have MES only on mobile and its not easy to record such good graph like on laptop. Somebody explained to me that correcation is not oly about injector, it can be also connected to not proper valve or other aspects in engine...

One engine tuner told me that all tis problems can be connected with not proper change of timing belt and if there is not corrent timing averything go wrong... but there are sensors of rpm in engine so in case of bad timing it will go immediatelly to limp mode.
On the mobile version is it possible to access the .csv files or export a csv file to be imported onto a PC. I regularly do this on the windows version and on my android phone (using alfaobd)
Is it possible to check timming with Multiecuscan?

Hello everyone

P0401 and P0402 is a problem with a clogged LEGR cooler. Which is located behind the DPF filter. There is a built-in filter in the cooler that gets clogged over time. the best solution is to replace the entire cooler 5802131785 FIAT

Have a nice day

Hello everyone

P0401 and P0402 is a problem with a clogged LEGR cooler. Which is located behind the DPF filter. There is a built-in filter in the cooler that gets clogged over time. the best solution is to replace the entire cooler 5802131785 FIAT

Have a nice day

Hello everyone

Have a nice day

Hello everyone

Have a nice day
Have you any ideas as to how this occurs and any knowledge on what to monitor or methods to prevent it occurring again .

BONSOIR
mise a jour de la version 023 a la version 032 faite lundi dernier pour un cout de 79 euros et 1 heure de travail
j ai fais 13000 km depuis le changement du lp egr et aucun problème depuis donc le problème semble resolu.
bonne soirée

GOOD EVENING update from version 023 to version 032 made last Monday for a cost of 79 euros and 1 hour of work I have done 13000 km since the change of the lp egr and no problem since so the problem seems solved. Have a good evening

Anyone same issue or idea ?? I have p2200 code with limp mode and the pre catalyst sensor fault.Change brand new original fiat temp sensor.Everything ok (regeneration temp etc) but drive with car 6000 km and the temp sensor same issue and code.Now change one more brand new original fiat temp sensor then drive around 6000 km then same issue come up.I visit fiat service and some other service but no idea what cause the temp sensor faulty within 6000 km.
Temp sensor :55283043
Engine: F1AGL411D

This thread has p2200 code eventualy solving it with a precat sensor.
solved with looking at live data.

just noticed you posted there in december 22

This thread has p2200 code eventualy solving it with a precat sensor.
solved with looking at live data.

just noticed you posted there in december 22
Yes
I change one more the sensor.Everything ok till 6000 km.Then the sensor refaulty

These of any use?
Engine A 10-6-22 Cat DpF EGR Temperature.jpg

Engine A 10-6-22 Cat DpF Temperature LPEGR 5jpg.jpg

thisone.jpg

Just for completeness
I dont have any problems , no codes and have been on V28 since march 2019.
In February I had my cambelt done at Fiat Pro Adams Morey Portsmouth ( been recomended) A hymer owner had his updated to 32 with no questions (first visit to Fiat pro since new 2017 model again for a cambelt).
They absolutely refused to update mine without any error present. Said were unable to as mine was running perfectly but there was one body ecu code they errased. gave me confidence that it had been plugged in.
Now the Service notice mentioned above state the Technical reason for problem :Software Calibration. The difference between later versions eg 26,28 and 32 could be software calibration tables (lookup tables) dependent on learned values stored in the Ecu (or build tables, ie part numbers of the BOM (Bill Of Materials) Fiat will know component part numbers related to VIN.
We know that some learned values are stored so this doesnt sound unreasonable.
Once upon a time I thought 28 was a working program and 32 a recovery version (for engines with a problem). I now suspect the calibration difference is equally likely.
Any comments on above?

It's in this thread...

Another Owner with a P0401 etc. Code...

Vehicle is a 2017/8 Ducato chassis and was first registered in 2018 with about 23,000 miles total. Generally reliable and trouble-free till a trip to Switzerland over Christmas and New Year, when the EML came on; vehicle would still start and run, but down on power.

French FIAT dealer was unable to repair, though he did run diagnostics, and told us he could not get the parts and to drive back to England..

After return to UK a local garage (a non-FIAT camper van dealer) replaced the HP EGR Valve (bringing only temporary benefits - lasted a couple of weeks,) and codes soon came back, with P0401-61 and P0402-61 back again after only a short distance.

So it was sent to the nearest FIAT Commercial workshop and they decided it needed a software update following procedure 10-023.19. That was completed and the vehicle returned next day - without fault codes. Drove 10km and the EML warning came on again, and the vehicle went back to the workshop. It stayed there for the next day and afternoon and was then re-scanned , with a recommendation that the vehicle would need a new LPEGR Cooler and a new DPF/Cat. and sundry nuts, bolts, and gaskets - the parts are not yet on any promised delivery times so no idea of timing.

Hurry up and wait! Bring plenty of money (over £3500) to pay for the parts and £1000 estimated for labour.
The vehicle now has a FIAT Case Number from FIAT Customer Care so hoping that might help with prioritising the work, and getting things moving again.
Regards,
Steve

This entire thread was started by me.
The end result of the fiasco that stops the van running is that the LPEGR cooler blocks with soot. Inside the LPEGR housing is a butterfly throttle that closes off the fresh clean air from the air filter in a controlled manner such that the turbo has to pull in an amount of sooty air from the cooler to blend the combustion air. With the cooler blocked the butterfly closes off any fresh air with the result that the engine is strangled. Because of the strangling effect the software tells the HP EGR to open in an effort to avoid this strangulation. The software gives daft unachievable opening instructions to this HP EGR which because it’s unable to do it throws the P0401 codes leading the unaware to change the HP EGR because the fault code says so!
Can anybody provide me with the engine wiring diagram for our engines? I want to look at disabling the LPEGR butterfly motor to stop it strangling.

I've watched a few videos from this guy. He seems to have a lot of success cleaning DPFs. This video shows cleaning an LPEGR. Who knows if it would work on our twins?

Back