Technical Do I need to get my ECU reprogrammed/repaired?

Currently reading:
Technical Do I need to get my ECU reprogrammed/repaired?

If you disconnect the MAP

Do you have continuity between the centre two pins
On the plug or the sensor itself?

Either way i tested the plug and the 2 sensors i have and neither showed continuity between the two center pins/wires

Great
Pink and black wire should be 0V
With the sensor connected

The sensor. Isn’t getting a 5V and a ground so can’t work, which is confirmed by the ambient temperature not working on the scan tool

Right - that's very strange as the wiring is completely intact and original so I can't understand what would have changed

Which colour wire is supposed to be the ground?

Sorry I mean without going through any junctions or anything.

Basically should I rewire according to the original wiring diagram (attaching the original and how mine is for reference)

Attachments

• 1675010225646.png
    1675010225646.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1674679314509 (1).png
    1674679314509 (1).png
    33.9 KB · Views: 17
And that's supposed to connect directly to the ECU?
No

Joins the green from the CAM sensor

It’s correct at the CAM sensor as tested earlier somewhere between the CAM and MAP it’s gained 5V

Probably physical damage If I was to hazard a guess I would look for two wires pinched together

Sorry I mean without going through any junctions or anything.

Basically should I rewire according to the original wiring diagram (attaching the original and how mine is for reference)
Please don’t rewrite anything

Everything correct except you have 5V on the ground wire to the MAP sensor. Probably a screw pinching a wire

Right I just want to clarify a couple of things.

The pink and black wire on this car does not connect to the green wire on the cam. It connects directly to the ECU.

If the green wire on the cam sensor is meant to be the ground, is that meant to be reading 0v? Because if so, it is not, it is reading 5v.

The red and black wire from the MAP sensor ties in with the green wire from the cam sensor, both of which have 5V.

Let me double check

the 5V and ground are the wrong way round on the CAM sensors I suspect a typo on the diagram

I did expect green to ground

Let me double check

the 5V and ground are the wrong way round on the CAM sensors I suspect a typo on the diagram

I did expect green to ground
It does say green to ground on the diagram and white to +, which is why i labelled my diagram with the voltages taken at each wire.

Back