Constant requests for donations

Currently reading:
Constant requests for donations

Chuggers! Hate them! Luckily I'm a miserable **** 95% of the time and no one asks me, if they do I just say no and walk off, or ignore them.

I've got charities that I give to, much rather they went to a smaller charity that has helped us in the past, than some big company.

Next time I get stopped by a animal charity I'm going to try and line 'I'm banned from keeping animals...'. Just to see what they say lol.

Im normally in some sort of hoodie, so i just pull my hood up :)

If dey fink i iz chav dey fink iz on da dole innit :devil:

The ones in stores normally take me by surprise and i say yes :rolleyes:
I got stopped in Pets at Home at checkout asking for a donation, the girl serving me was very pretty so i had no option :p

I donate to cancer research and british heart foundation.

I was selling british heart foundation badges outside a british heart foundation shop and people looked at me like i was begging for crack money :(

I wasn't just asking for money they would have got a nice heart badge for their quid, and it was valentines day week so they could have gave it to their other half's. bhf set the stores targets for badge sales and get grumpy if a shop don't meet target

All credit to you for selling the badges. As you say, at least they got something in exchange! We donate on direct debit to a local cancer hospice, plus some animal charity, plus random appeals, but I agree, you shouldn't have to avoid making eye contact with somebody waving a bucket as you try to leave the supermarket. It's not on. But the ones I really hate are the ones who turn up on your door step with a sports bag full of crap and a pass saying they are a young offender or something. I applaud the idea , but I don't want somebody who you know is already a criminal standing on your door step casing the joint whilst you try to politely decline their offer to buy some dusters for a fiver, and daring you to refuse. The last one I said "If you want to improve your sales ratio, don't gob on the customers driveway". At least he apologised as he scurried off.

I don't trust any charity these days. Usually the bosses are on fat salaries, the collectors are on commission. It's all a scam, milking their supposed cause and preying on the well-natured gullible.

the ones that attack you in the high street are the ones i hate,

best one was before i could drive. my bus was late and i had to walk through town to college and they stopped me on the way, i said sorry im late for college and they said it will only take a few minutes and i said im already more then a few minutes late tried carrying on and they literally blocked me, i said im late get out of my way plus im not 18 and he simply said well you can just say no dont have to lie about your age, i felt like shouting at him saying i did say no you ****ing half wit

also i really was under 18

i prefer to raise money for charity myself last thing i did as part of a event we raised 49000 pounds

Personally i think people are more likely to give when they're not being asked to donate.

I always put my spare pennies in the charity tin at the tills, but never when people are pestering me to.

I think it takes away that good feeling of being charitable when its done by request of someone else.

afew years back i got told that it costs 80k for a 2 miniute advert on the TV and the prices vary from the popularity of the channel, so my 2 pound a month to give kids in africa water... realyl goes on the advertisement on tv! and as mentioned you see the boss of the chairty and there all rolling in brand spankin new cars! why i dont hand no money out to any one, and why my mrs gets an ear full when she gives to people who ask on the streets she feels like she has to give them money... :bang:

I donate to cancer research and british heart foundation.

and a couple of quid every now and again into other boxes if they don't bug me
might throw copper in and say that was a quid

I was selling british heart foundation badges outside a british heart foundation shop and people looked at me like i was begging for crack money :(

I wasn't just asking for money they would have got a nice heart badge for their quid, and it was valentines day week so they could have gave it to their other half's. bhf set the stores targets for badge sales and get grumpy if a shop don't meet target

Used to do 3-4 BHH charity bike rides a year........ payed the £12 or so entry fee (it was set up and staffed by the local WI, army Cadettes et all) then after a few years they set up a "minimum sponsor ship of £75" or somewhere around that amount im sorry but £75 is a hell of a lot when a 25 mile bike ride will take me about an hour and a half tops to do (did a 45 miler for a local hospice in 2 hr 20 mins) and just shouts out and out greed Me and my 8 regular riding buddies stopped going on them.... Strange how they soon dropped the £75 but i have not done one since...

as for the RSPCA i remind them of this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4217078.stm

on one occasion i answered the door to them dressed in my shooting gear with gun slip in hand (i was going out) that went down well :devil:

Back