Technical cheapest clutch kit

Currently reading:
Technical cheapest clutch kit

koalar

Distinguished member
most fiats seem to have the same clutch with different diameters

but there must be hundreds of different part numbers

again depending on what model car there for the price changes

180mm and 190mm seem to be most common and interchangeable ie you can upgrade to the 190 easy

mine has a 200mm. Its a 1.2 on a 2010 plate

cheapest I have seen is GSF but they don't give any part numbers so its impossible to cross check

bellhousing and engines are the same across models most 1.4 seem to have the 200mm

199 grande ? 1.2 1.4
188 punto ?
mito 1.4

LUK 620344500 looks right ?

my original looks to be a ECP special 641587441

are all the release bearings the same ?

I think ????

looked on the V5 and its a 51 kW version

Part Number: CK9910
ADL BLUE PRINT : ADL143002
BORG & BECK : HK2089
COMLINE : ECK215
MOTAQUIP : VCU502
OPTIMAL : CS0441
RYMEC : JT1230
RYMEC : JT1535
WESTLAKE : WFT033

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've used LuK parts and believe the quality is good. Much of their stuff is original equipment. Saying that my recent clutch master cylinder is a Borg & Beck. A proper cast unit that looks like a brake master cylinder. OEM part was a cheapo steel tube with spot welded flange exactly as I would get by paying 3x the price for a prefilled unit with LuK stickers.

cheapest I have seen are around £40 for a fiat Punto 1.4 200mm but not sure about the release bearing. From memory GSF had one even cheaper but no part number

looking at ebay. ECP trade under several different names look at the contact details and taken over some others

GSF and ECP search engines look the same now ???

I had a MK2B 1.2 Punto before I got the Panda, I have a brand new LUK clutch that I never got round to fitting it, as I chopped the car in at a dealer I wasn't going to let them have it. If it is the right one, it is yours for the cost of postage or collection (I'm in Kent)

50431833551_e6bdaebeb7_c.jpg
50431834806_510e88781e_c.jpg

as I suspected its not the right one for me

but does fit 1.1 and 1.2 up to and including 2009

so someone should snap your hand off :)

thanks again for the offer (y)

Luk or Sachs clutch
Don't fit any Mickey mouse brand's to save a few quid it just isn't worth it

a lot of clutch change places are now using transmech

"hi i have used loads of the transmech clutches kits and never had a bad one yet.
i fit about 10 a week thanks go fit it"

come with a 2 year warranty so cant be too bad

the one in the car has held up well considering the input shaft bearing had completely disintegrated and spayed oil all over it. The release bearing is fairly cut up. I did consider just cleaning it up and changing the release bearing.

a lot of clutch change places are now using transmech

"hi i have used loads of the transmech clutches kits and never had a bad one yet.
i fit about 10 a week thanks go fit it"

come with a 2 year warranty so cant be too bad

the one in the car has held up well considering the input shaft bearing had completely disintegrated and spayed oil all over it. The release bearing is fairly cut up. I did consider just cleaning it up and changing the release bearing.
been lucky then if you not had a bad one they have a good reputation for being crud

I had a MK2B 1.2 Punto before I got the Panda, I have a brand new LUK clutch that I never got round to fitting it, as I chopped the car in at a dealer I wasn't going to let them have it. If it is the right one, it is yours for the cost of postage or collection (I'm in Kent)

That is indeed a very kind offer nitramtpr! If the offer's still open I'm very interested - I need a new clutch kit for my 2004 1.2 Panda (recent thread here).

However, the car and I are temporarily living in the Republic of Ireland - would you be happy posting it here? We receive parcels from the UK regularly and it seems reliable. Our local postie knows us by now!

who is Transmech ?

seem to be a rebadge for Euro Car Parts. Some of them have LUK painted on the friction material.

Apparently theres fake LUK clutches out there especially on eBay

Theres as many LUK fails as any other. But are they genuine or fakes that are failing?

its a minefield out there. Luckily its only a few hours to change so no big deal.

I fitted a Tranmech into a Puma a few years ago, the clutch action felt terrible after, very grabby and juddery even after a few thousand miles.

The friction plate looked a bit lightweight and thin, not much more meat on it than the worn plate that came out, but it what was given to me to fit.

I seem to remember it was only a two piece kit and the skint brother in law (who's car it was) was a bit put out he had to spend more on a release bearing.
I did think at the time it wasn't the best value.

You can check the part numbers of release bearings on the schaeffler link I posted earlier.

For the sake of £20 or so, I'd fit a Luk, Sachs or Valeo.

However, the car and I are temporarily living in the Republic of Ireland - would you be happy posting it here? We receive parcels from the UK regularly and it seems reliable. Our local postie knows us by now!

PM sent.
As you can see from the receipt I didn't pay a huge amount for it, my daughter used to work for GSF, she's also worked for ECP in the past too. From supplying loads of garages with loads of clutches LUK are the brand she said had the least complaints.

PM sent.
As you can see from the receipt I didn't pay a huge amount for it, my daughter used to work for GSF, she's also worked for ECP in the past too. From supplying loads of garages with loads of clutches LUK are the brand she said had the least complaints.
The clutch kit has just arrived in the West coast of Ireland! Just have to get round to fitting it now... and hope for no nasty surprises...

Many thanks nitramtpr for such a generous offer(y) What a great forum:)

Back