Technical bleeding fiat problem

Currently reading:
Technical bleeding fiat problem

clitheroeguy

i did what the guide said but still no water coming out of bleed scews but if i start it the back one pours out but nothing out of the radiator

what should i do as i get cold air unless i rev the engine

Someone had a similar problem recently in the very cold weather, had basically wrecked his water pump running the car with frozen coolant, it could be in your case the water pump has broken up and isn't pumping very much coolant round the system, that's a theory anyway

so im guessing i going to after just use it for time being like this or will i damage the engine if i leave the waterpump if it is damaged

Someone had a similar problem recently in the very cold weather, had basically wrecked his water pump running the car with frozen coolant, it could be in your case the water pump has broken up and isn't pumping very much coolant round the system, that's a theory anyway

Last summer my water pump, belts and tensioner were done. After which gave it a good service. For the life of me could not get a drop of water out the radiator bleed valve.

A plastic 500ml bottle, lots of patience and the help of my brother, we had it bled by just the rear bleed screw.

Last edited:
so what should i do pour water in the rear screw till it comes out of the radiator

ye i can unscrew it and screw it back in

so what should i do then pour water into the rear hole till it fills then screw it back on and start car then turn off and do same again till water pours out

There are many different guides on here. The one i found most useful was to fill coolant filler neck right to the top, and fill a 500ml water bottle to the top. Up turn this into the filler neck, get someone else to open the rear bleed screw and squeeze the bottle air/coolant should come out of the bleed screw. Close the bleed screw while still squeezing the bottle. Then let water out so level drops to max line (this can be awkward if rad bleed screw doesnt work!)

This will need to be repeated a couple of times as air likes to get hide in these engines!

If there is still air in, usually you will hear water trickling on start up.

going to check soon if bottom hose is cold if it was would the thermostat cause the cold heating when stood still

Back