Technical Electrical problem

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical problem

Tor1988

All,

I bought an Punto mk2, but the seller didnt tell me Some issues. The flashing light keeps blinks fast like there is an bulb broken, but it its and when I use high beam The other light go of and no high beam. I also found a wire that isnt connected see pic it looks like an coax cable hope Some 1 knows

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    671.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 47
Generally when indicators blink fast etc. as you describe it is down to a poor earthing problem.
If careful using a length of wire from the earth side of the battery or another known good earth, to the earthing side of the lamp it should prove/disprove the point.
One of my daughters had a Grande Punto that would occasionally flash indicators fast and I traced it to the poor aluminium contacts corroded on the plug to to the o/s /r lamp unit.

It sounds like the load required from main beam is more than the earthing on the main beam lamp unit, so it may be worth looking in that direction:)

i also bought an second hand steering column switch, could that help? also that lose cable what would that be u think its in the blue plug and looks like coax its in the plug the outside and inside used

i also bought an second hand steering column switch, could that help? also that lose cable what would that be u think its in the blue plug and looks like coax its in the plug the outside and inside used
Personally I would look at earthing issues first.
Re the coax cable I don't know, can you follow it both ways to see what it has been put there for.

Battery disconnected :

Unplug your switch, plug in the new switch (loose in your hand)

Reconnect battery

Ignition ON operate switch..

See if anything has improved.

Personally I would look at earthing issues first.
Re the coax cable I don't know, can you follow it both ways to see what it has been put there for.
I found 1 of The ends and it ends in connector c bleu one fuse box but i cant vind any pin out of that bleu connector.

The wire with the coax covering is a Ariel it's for the ecu to sense your key fob it should go up to the ignition (or the alarm if one's fitted) switch, as it surrounds it complete with a lange plastic washer, so the car can start. Don't know why you lights are goin wankie. But every day is a school day when you trying to work with European wiring looms. Hope you source your problems quickly though

The wire with the coax covering is a Ariel it's for the ecu to sense your key fob it should go up to the ignition (or the alarm if one's fitted) switch, as it surrounds it complete with a lange plastic washer, so the car can start. Don't know why you lights are goin wankie. But every day is a school day when you trying to work with European wiring looms. Hope you source your problems quickly though
How is it possibel this car starts if thats a cable for starting? Or do i raad it nog good? In nog so good in english.. haha i also Cannon use my obd Bluetooth Thing to reed the car! Thnx for all info that u Guys gave me intik now

How is it possibel this car starts if thats a cable for starting? Or do i raad it nog good? In nog so good in english.. haha i also Cannon use my obd Bluetooth Thing to reed the car! Thnx for all info that u Guys gave me intik now
It reads an electrical signal to disable the immobiliser and is not the high amperage cable from the battery that turns the starter motor.;)

It reads an electrical signal to disable the immobiliser and is not the high amperage cable from the battery that turns the starter motor.;)
doesnt it need to get that signal to start? normaly.
and can i fix the highbeam issue by put a new + wire from somewhere else put a switch in dash and connect it to the + of the high beam lamp? and can i just leave the - at place?

doesnt it need to get that signal to start? normaly.
and can i fix the highbeam issue by put a new + wire from somewhere else put a switch in dash and connect it to the + of the high beam lamp? and can i just leave the - at place?
In fairness if you are not happy trying the earth wire as I suggested, then rewiring live wires to the dashboard may not be advisable.:)

i found out that there was a h7 lamp where a h1 should be maybe thats the problem? gonna get h1 after work haha

Yeah i had the wrong electricsl scheme .. Should be both h7… changed the steer swithces but stil same.. i Made Some more ground to lamps, motor frame etc! First i measured on volt, With car on between -accu to ground lamps Some mV and when i Made after i measure 0 so i hoped it was fix but it didnt stil blinking to fast en when i put high beam on the front lights go out

Yeah i had the wrong electricsl scheme .. Should be both h7… changed the steer swithces but stil same.. i Made Some more ground to lamps, motor frame etc! First i measured on volt, With car on between -accu to ground lamps Some mV and when i Made after i measure 0 so i hoped it was fix but it didnt stil blinking to fast en when i put high beam on the front lights go out
I would double check all the bulbs are the correct ones and then try main beam and indicators with one headlamp disconnected then the other to try and isolate where the fault is.
Re the bulbs sometimes people put the wrong indicator bulbs in , I have even seen double contact bulbs in single and vice a versa. Especially with the orange coloured bulbs, there are some with off set pins and some with stepped pins and some parallel, so easy to get the wrong ones.

Hi, thnx for all the awnsers dont know how but i deConnect en Connect all the plugs under steer and the fast blinking was over, but the one thing what remains is the high beam, when i put it on normaal light go off no high beam only the smalllight are on in front

Hi, thnx for all the awnsers dont know how but i deConnect en Connect all the plugs under steer and the fast blinking was over, but the one thing what remains is the high beam, when i put it on normaal light go off no high beam only the smalllight are on in front
If main beam comes on when you pull switch towards you to flash other drivers, if it works then, it may be the switch, you said you had another so maybe try that.

Back