Technical rear bleed screw is screwed

Currently reading:
Technical rear bleed screw is screwed

panoulis222

hello people as title says after alot of screwing trying to bleed air out the plastic screw on the back snapped in half and half a piece is now inside the pipe. wish it was blocking the water as i could buy a new pipe and get it over with but now it splits coolant and car is undrivable.
any other unlucky guy out there that had the same problem? i can try pull it out but dont know if i can use a regural metal screw or not. and if i can anyone knows thread dimentions?

hello people as title says after alot of screwing trying to bleed air out the plastic screw on the back snapped in half and half a piece is now inside the pipe. wish it was blocking the water as i could buy a new pipe and get it over with but now it splits coolant and car is undrivable.
any other unlucky guy out there that had the same problem? i can try pull it out but dont know if i can use a regural metal screw or not. and if i can anyone knows thread dimentions?
its a 6mm x 1mm thread with a 6mm unthreaded part near the head of the screw for the o ring seal and the tip of the screw is thinner to make it easier to get past the o ring. It is common for these cars to have a self tapper fitted with a bit of silicon.

fixed it temporarily, ill change the pipes first chance i get. any suggestions on what brand i should buy?
like maybe a brand thats better or at least as good as default?

I couldn't find an aftermarket version of that pipe, I think it was £35 from Fiat.

Back