Best film ever.....

Currently reading:
Best film ever.....

centaur

Slings and arrows
Ok, slight variation and hijacking of another thread perhaps, but worthwhile, I believe.

Now, this is obviously a matter of opinion, but what is the best film you have ever seen (to date :rolleyes: ), and why would you choose it?

You can only choose one. So which is it to be?

For me: Pulp Fiction. It has everything in it - comedy, blood and guts, great acting, great music, great action, a bit of romance, and the Gimp! :D

once upon a time in the west - leone, fonda, lollabridgida, strode and bronson, to name a few......

very self-indulgent, the opener, a cliffhanger! the balls to have no dialogue for what seems like an eternity, brutal killings, no glamour in death, just agony and dirt. and through it all, america's good guy, fonda, turned to a side darker than vader, nasty enough to kill a child, just to save himself.

the plot sprawls its way through the midwest desert, and leone doesn't care you might not see how it's going to get to the inevitable ending, but when it does, and, the audacity of morricones score and visuals, totally redefining a dueling shoot out.

3 hours, too long? worth it see the best at the top of his game......

i'm off to watch old school again.....:p

once upon a time in the west - leone, fonda, lollabridgida, strode and bronson, to name a few......

very self-indulgent, the opener, a cliffhanger! the balls to have no dialogue for what seems like an eternity, brutal killings, no glamour in death, just agony and dirt. and through it all, america's good guy, fonda, turned to a side darker than vader, nasty enough to kill a child, just to save himself.

the plot sprawls its way through the midwest desert, and leone doesn't care you might not see how it's going to get to the inevitable ending, but when it does, and, the audacity of morricones score and visuals, totally redefining a dueling shoot out.

3 hours, too long? worth it see the best at the top of his game......

i'm off to watch old school again.....:p

Love the review, your wasted at the met!

Mines could change every week but for now

The Silence of the Lambs - Although it ain't all down to the Director, this is an out of this world first effort, everything just seems so right, the charcters are captured just right, you feel like your Starling stumbling in the dark! Who else could win an oscar for just 16mins screen time but Welsh Tony!

"Ready when you are Sgt Pembrie!"

Liam

Hey, the heroine is not played by Gina Lollobrigita, it is Claudia Cardinale!!!!!!

But I fully agree that it is a great movie, I saw it at least 10 times. Leone's movies are the only westerns I have in my video collection.

Calm down :D

PULP FICTION

You wanna be the Gimp?

pulp15.jpg

:D

I have several

fear and loating in las vegas.
watch it stoned, its great, watch it straight, it makes sense, deep dark sense.

some B movies which I can NEVER remember the names of.:eek:

a C class film which I watched end to end three times because I hearted it so much, got it on vhs but no title I'm afraid. can barely remember what its about.

I'll come up with names when I remember them

Shaun of the Dead

IMO the funniest film of all time (that i've seen anyway) with life of brian and holy grail coming a close 2nd and 3rd..

acting is incredible, as is the script, and the storyline..

ALL HAIL EDGAR...

LEON,
an absolute legend. nothing else comes close, ive seen it about a thousand times but id still watch it again, jean reno is a great actor and most of his films are good with the exception of godzilla and that one with steve martain.,.,lol

also Ronin was great and had possibly the best car chase ever in a film.,
(i know someones gonna say"what about steve mcQueen)

Back