Best film ever.....

Currently reading:
Best film ever.....

The Big Lebowski.

Pure genius. Quality one liners. And we all know what its like to drop your smoke onto your crotch area whilst driving then proceed to use beer to try to put it out before it cause serious damage... :devil:

Not that I ever drink and drive (or agree with it(n) )

Shaun of the Dead

IMO the funniest film of all time (that i've seen anyway) with life of brian and holy grail coming a close 2nd and 3rd..

acting is incredible, as is the script, and the storyline..

ALL HAIL EDGAR...

:yeahthat:

It's too difficult to pick one in particular, there's loads of films I could watch over and over because of how they make me feel.
But one film stands out as a real work of art because it just hits home on so many accounts, not necessarily because it's full of action, it's completely the opposite to that, but because it's about real life situations that happen to all of us and it's a masterpiece of film making.
It's not necessarily my favorite film either but I think it has to be one of the most thought provoking films of all time.

Magnolia

The Best Film Ever has to The Godfather an absolute classic film, but I do rank the following up there close to The Godfather...

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Taxi Driver
Scarface
Fight Club
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Sin City
Saw
Batman Begins
Memento
The Prestige
Serpico
La Haine

Strange that no one has mentioned any of the Star Wars, Jaws, Close Encounters or Poseidon Adventure (original one) films - and yet in their time they were massive cults.

Strange that no one has mentioned any of the Star Wars, Jaws, Close Encounters or Poseidon Adventure (original one) films - and yet in their time they were massive cults.
Actually Star wars was my first choice as I still love the films but I wanted something that made it look like I had more brains :D

Erm. I'm stuck, I like films for lots of different reasons. Theres a couple I could watch over and over again.

The Hours is stunning and makes me cry every time

But up there with that are Mallrats because it's funniest film ever and Tombraider because I'm a bit in love with Angelina Jolie.

most girls your age would choose Orlando Bloom. how cool are you! :slayer:

Orlando Bloom isn't bad... almost feminine enough to be fanciable. Ha! I like LOTR though, those films were stunning.

Actually Star wars was my first choice as I still love the films but I wanted something that made it look like I had more brains :D

snap....

may i also champion a classic of the 50's, the creature from the black lagoon, pure monster mayhem from universals stable that includes: frankenstein, the bride, wolfman, the mummy, et al.

on first glance it is at is appears, a straight forward trip into the amazon by a group of explorers, who are terrorised by a malevolent unknown creature, who escapes after capture, and abducts his new found object of affection, the lovely julie adams, only for the men of her group to stamp their machismo on the creature and kill him in "saving" her.

and theres the thing, she doesn't need saving, yes gillmans a bit odd to look at, but it's his turf that's been invaded, his life disrupted, buy a bunch of "scientists" who know nothing of the rules of "observe not interfere" he's fascinated by julie, and has found someone/thing to share with

a classic rubberman outfit still allows emotion to come through, and the pain, rage, devotion of the gillman is evident on screen

ultimately though the final shot says it all, rather than understand and co-exsist, man will choose to destroy that which is rare and precious, a cautionary tale if ever there was one......

Too difficult :( Each time I try to answer this thread I think of another one. For today I shall stick with Great Escape.

My fave changes all the time too, only stuck up SOTL cause I watched it the other week but it is a film which managed a great feat!

What? Win the 5 big golden statues!

Liam

men (and women) on a mission, overwhelming odds, a dream at the end of hell, plucky brits, darstadly huns, and redemption, can only mean one movie:
ice_cold_in_alex_wallpaper.jpg

*note the slight update for the new millenium.......

men (and women) on a mission, overwhelming odds, a dream at the end of hell, plucky brits, darstadly huns, and redemption, can only mean one movie:
ice_cold_in_alex_wallpaper.jpg

*note the slight update for the new millenium.......

Ice Cold in Alex - great film!

Very hard to choose a best film ever, but for the moment I'll go with:

A Clockwork Orange - Directed by Stanley Kubrick

Don't get all hung up on the first 30 minutes with all the violence. Go beyond that and see a very deep storyline of a violent society brainwashing a once troublesome youngster so that he becomes defenceless. Awesome film from an era when the Brits could kick Yank Ass when it came to movie flicks. (y)

So so many to choose from

LOTR Trilogy - Fantastic
Star Wars Trilogy - Timeless
True Romance - So well put together, a real joy to watch
Serenity - Kicks the rear end of the new Star Wars Trilogy (although this probably wouldnt be my favourite - its right up there!)

Back