Technical Another Power Steering Thread

Currently reading:
Technical Another Power Steering Thread

And now power steering has gone again

shouldnt of, have you checked the fuses for the power steering?cant remember what they are top of my head but they are listed in the handbook if you have one at hand, also id put my money on battery or some electrical fault somewhere, but if the unit is a recon you should have some form of warranty for like 12 months (i think) if you have warranty send it back, but check battery/alternator and fuses.

shouldnt of, have you checked the fuses for the power steering?cant remember what they are top of my head but they are listed in the handbook if you have one at hand, also id put my money on battery or some electrical fault somewhere, but if the unit is a recon you should have some form of warranty for like 12 months (i think) if you have warranty send it back, but check battery/alternator and fuses.

Yeh ill be checking everything in the morning asking currently at work... Everything was fine yesterday then again like last time turned on today and it had gone again

hi PeyWetWork as i remember you bought one from a breaker car so its possible this was at the end of its working life too
i recommend a last of the line low mileage example if ones available
or possibly order and solder the relays in yourself
i dont know if you are aware but are now available complete for £160 complete and hving been in upullit the other day i see where a lot of their core is coming from
remember you might have other issues too like poor battery/low output alternator/seized balljoints/poorly inflated tyres etc all contributing to making your motor fail
have you done a fiatecuscan to rule out torque issues

hi PeyWetWork as i remember you bought one from a breaker car so its possible this was at the end of its working life too
i recommend a last of the line low mileage example if ones available
or possibly order and solder the relays in yourself
i dont know if you are aware but are now available complete for £160 complete and hving been in upullit the other day i see where a lot of their core is coming from
remember you might have other issues too like poor battery/low output alternator/seized balljoints/poorly inflated tyres etc all contributing to making your motor fail
have you done a fiatecuscan to rule out torque issues

yes it was a breaker one so as you say it could possible be at the end of its life.....but as i've just started the car up on my way home from work IT WORKS again.... i shall check for codes in the morning when i wake and see what is what

and what do you know its gone again :bang::bang::bang:

ordered 2 new relays and will see how that goes on the original motor i still have... really starting to hate this car

but on a plus note i have an induction kit on it now :)

Seriously, you had your buddy check your battery, take it to a different place for another testing. You're relying on one diagnosis which might be wrong,

battery was fine....would also check it myself if i had any idea what i was doing with my multimeter (Battery also less that 6mths old)

Once again it worked again this morning, had to do a full lock around 5 mins ago and it went again :bang:

Back