Technical Another Power Steering Thread

Currently reading:
Technical Another Power Steering Thread

PeyWetWork

Well after dislocating my elbow last night and managing to drive to the hospital and back in once piece the shed mobile has decided to have another issue

yesterday the steering/city steering was as it should have been everything working fine.

18 hours later i've started the car up and the red steering wheel light is on..... The Battery is only 5 months old, i've checked the fuses and both are fine and i've had multiecuscan ran with my 327 cable and no error codes have come up.

anyone any ideas because i'm close to just scrapping the thing and going for a new car :mad:

thanks

Haynes manual has a guide, not sure if there's one on the forum (check Guides section above). But there are definitely lots of threads on this, it comes up every winter when the cold does for the battery

That's not to say it's actually your problem though

Currently bidding on a motor on ebay which ends tomorrow night so will hopefully get that.... Don't need it urgently as can't drive much with this elbow

I have a problem with my punto mk2 steering wheel column.
There is a very badly irritating sound coming out of steering column itself.
I thought it was a faulty electric motor, removed it and tried to have a ride without it with hardened steering and the bad sound remained.
It is like something is broken in the column.
Then I removed the column totally and inspected it but there was nothing suspicious. Everything is fitted firmly and well and nothing is moving so that it could make such sound.
the only thing I think can be faulty is this (see the photo).

PUNTOsteeringcolumn-edited_zpsee50e406.jpg

May be on the photo is not exactly Fiat Punto mk2 steering column, but you know what i mean.

What do you people think about this?

I have a problem with my punto mk2 steering wheel column.
There is a very badly irritating sound coming out of steering column itself.
I thought it was a faulty electric motor, removed it and tried to have a ride without it with hardened steering and the bad sound remained.
It is like something is broken in the column.
Then I removed the column totally and inspected it but there was nothing suspicious. Everything is fitted firmly and well and nothing is moving so that it could make such sound.
the only thing I think can be faulty is this (see the photo).

PUNTOsteeringcolumn-edited_zpsee50e406.jpg

May be on the photo is not exactly Fiat Punto mk2 steering column, but you know what i mean.

What do you people think about this?

Considering your issue is different from OP, best start your own thread to get the best possible help.

Benny

Mine randomly started working again last night.... Weird not the word to describe this car

Back