Technical Another Power Steering Thread

Currently reading:
Technical Another Power Steering Thread

and gone again :mad:

new motor will be here tuesday so hopefully all will be well then

and gone again :mad:

new motor will be here tuesday so hopefully all will be well then

Same happened to mine, it'd be okay for a day or so then stopped working, it'd keep doing this until one day it just gave in and i was left with constant heavy steering, although i was used to that sort of driving as my first car was non power steering, i put new motor in which was back in july ish time last year and it's still working flawlessly to this day :)

All being well you'll have the same success.

Benny

just changed pump and still red light on .... gonna be sunday when i get chance to have another proper look at it

well i've managed to get hold of a registered version of Multiecuscan from a friend and here is what the results about the power steering

powersteering1.png

powersteering2.png

The motor isn't responding basically to me from that information

Was it replaced with like for like?

Ie A mk2 1999 to 2002 Relay motor?
Or did you fit a 2002 - 2003 non relay motor fitted to mk2b's as well?

If so - i believe they are NOT interchangeable, so it could be a case of wrong motor = No workie

Ziggy

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've done it before, a true facepalm moment :D

Glad its helping people , I posted it because I couldn't find a good video on youtube that had an a in-depth video that showed the installation from start to finish, :)

Benny

haha :)

hardest part of it all was getting the lower steering shroud off as for some reason top screws were 4mm and bottoms were 3mm

haha :)

hardest part of it all was getting the lower steering shroud off as for some reason top screws were 4mm and bottoms were 3mm

Must be just my punto that has 3mm all round the cowling :p it wouldn't be a first cause when I brought the car it had odd wheel nuts as in 3 same size and one the next size up :bang:

Benny

UPDATE****

got my new steering motor today with relays and all is good again (For now)

Back