General Winter Pandaring?

Currently reading:
General Winter Pandaring?

My door windows are constantly steamed up if there is any sign of rain or even if its just cold, they are impossible to clear, the windscreen is fine but the door windows don't see any heat. How does everyone else tackle this apart from using a cloth?

Michael

Cheers, i will give the suggestions a go. I had used some rain x anti fog, but that just makes your windows greasy and doesn't last v long.

I was thinking about making a duct from the vents to heat the side windows yesterday, this will be my last resort!

Sounds like you need an aircon regas then.

Yep, was going to take it in to the garage before warranty ran out, though I expect he won't be keen on doing it if he has to take if offsite, he was pretty good fitting a new winder assembly after the first one destroyed itself - not helped by me trying to open the window when it was frozen oops - and a new door mirror, at least he's sold the 500 so he's made some cash back :~

Last edited:
Got to say that Mk3 panda was inaccessible due to completely frozen door jambs the day before yesterday.

Mk2 Fizzle had frozen locks (£1shop spray grease may have made this worse :() and had to resort to heating the key up to gain entry.

However, since silicon spraying the locks ( thanks for the tip Aston) Fizzle has been the star of the cold snap.

When I gained access to Twizzle she was completely frozen on the inside of the windscreen. Started ok but since Fizz is defrosted and happy I'll let her slumber on a while.

I've customised Fizzles front grill with a bin bag [just like dad used to do] to help it get up to operating temperature, though today it never got above 60c. Very pleased I renewed the anti-freeze last month now:)
Pity I never got her undersealed but too late to worry about that now :p

Last edited:
It's been fine all week, hardly any snow or ice on it this morning....

imag0018ip.jpg

imag0019qb.jpg

He hasn't leaked in maybe 6 months. I love twin-sunnyship, occasionally it annoys me. But not as much as having a non sunroof.

Back