General Winter Pandaring?

Currently reading:
General Winter Pandaring?

I'm sure you will figure out how to do it ;)

Going rate from a doncaster firm was £300 for waxoyl and undersealing. Just underseal has been quoted online from £99-£170. Unfortunately the £99 one was in doncaster and the £170 york.
If you hate doing underseal then dont, just do the waxoyling and leave it at that.

For me it's more a case of being confident that the work will be done thoroughly and seeing the care and attention to detail you've shown on Talon there is no doubt that you would do our Panda's proud :)

Anyway John, have a think and take your time, it's not like our cars are crumbling to red dust or anything :rolleyes:

all but talon.. ive said it in another thread, he prefers the cold for some reason. a lot more easy to start in cold temps than in hot summer temps :/

choke full out, 2 pumps of gas.. never fails :D

i even found out how to be (more) lazy. if you pull the choke out and pump the pedal 3 times, you can leave him over night, come to him the next morning and he will start first turn of the key without touching anything!

who needs fuel injection and an ECU.

Char' will still flood in this weather if I use full choke. Starting procedure last week or so has been (around 2 or 3C in the mornings) pump accelerator once, pull choke out to 3/4, crank for a few seconds, catches, dies. Crank for about 5+ seconds she catches again and will run fine although is a little bogged down at first. No freezing locks yet.
Although this is only when she has sat for a few days between runs, she gets used all weekend and starts first time on 3/4 choke, when shes sat for 3 or 4 days of the week is when the above method is required..

Last edited:
Char' will still flood in this weather if I use full choke. Starting procedure last week or so has been (around 2 or 3C in the mornings) pump accelerator once, pull choke out to 3/4, crank for a few seconds, catches, dies. Crank for about 5+ seconds she catches again and will run fine although is a little bogged down at first. No freezing locks yet.
Although this is only when she has sat for a few days between runs, she gets used all weekend and starts first time on 3/4 choke, when shes sat for 3 or 4 days of the week is when the above method is required..

Oslo wasn't great at starting when the weather was poor but I found a sports coil sorted it brilliantly, perhaps you should try one on Char.

My winter preparations are more to do with tyres. The wheels on Bo rubbed at the back when we had passengers so they are only suitable for 4x4's. I don't want them permanently fitted to anything else so I've fitted the knobbly tyres to them so that they are ready to chuck on if the weather gets really bad. Here's hoping :D

@Dragon Man - how about that waxoyling job for fizzle - do you reckon you could do it?
Don't really want to spend the dosh on buying the kit myself though I will provide the waxy stuff and "help"* you do it. :)

*watch

yeah i can do it, but ill need a few things removing from the fizzmobile. the side door plastics that hold the carpet in place and some plastic and carpets around the back seats.

should be able to do the rest of the work under the car.

Oslo wasn't great at starting when the weather was poor but I found a sports coil sorted it brilliantly, perhaps you should try one on Char.

My winter preparations are more to do with tyres. The wheels on Bo rubbed at the back when we had passengers so they are only suitable for 4x4's. I don't want them permanently fitted to anything else so I've fitted the knobbly tyres to them so that they are ready to chuck on if the weather gets really bad. Here's hoping :D

Those tyres look awesome :worship:

Back