General Winter Pandaring?

Currently reading:
General Winter Pandaring?

That parking sensor just sounds like a dial up modem...

or a radio ham morse operator on a mix of caffeine and speed.

heh i would like to add the remote start again to talon, but i think i would have to add a safety switch so it only lets me remote start it when its in neutral.
least i have a kick ass parking brake >_<

I might have something you don't have.....

08042011255-1.jpg

28122011263-1.jpg

It's an engine block heater and a cabin heater, engine gets as warm as, say a cold start on a summers day. The cabin gets very cosy. Auto switch preset to about 1 hour before use.

I use a little thin oil (bicycle chain oil) in the locks at least before I wash the car in the cold season, and a few times in the fall before it gets cold. Door seals and window rubbers are wiped with a cloth with silicone so they look glossy and fresh. This to prevent freezing and leaks. Do not pour water on the locks or blow in them, it will only get worse. Never had a problem with the locks, even in 20 below.

28122011271-1.jpg

20121201_120543.jpg

This morning I started it up and went back in the house.

So leaving work: I'm in the gated car park demisting, i'm there for 15 minutes.
PCSO walks over "I was just wondering what you're doing?"

I'm demisting, it's an old car. (y)

"Oh, ok"

My first ever involvement with the 'police' and the Panda caused it. :D

This morning I started it up and went back in the house.

So leaving work: I'm in the gated car park demisting, i'm there for 15 minutes.
PCSO walks over "I was just wondering what you're doing?"

I'm demisting, it's an old car. (y)

"Oh, ok"

My first ever involvement with the 'police' and the Panda caused it. :D

You ought to see police response when the copper trying to pull you over entering into a multi story car park thinks your about to reverse out and start a chase, 5 up in a 750L, because you need to get closer to the barrier to get your ticket.

Going off topic a bit but the 4x4 made it into the top 10 winter cars to buy in the classic car weekly newspaper. There's a good picture of a Sisley in it.

I might have something you don't have.....

It's an engine block heater and a cabin heater, engine gets as warm as, say a cold start on a summers day. The cabin gets very cosy. Auto switch preset to about 1 hour before use.

I like the sound of one of these, a bit overkill for the UK but would be great getting into the Panda in winter and being able to set off straight away. On ebay their about £100, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/engine-pr...542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ccd041cbe

Ive seen electrical points for these in car parks in Finland.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
It came in at number 10.

number 1 was a Hillman Imp.

Eh? On what possible basis? :confused:

It's clearly not an article on driving in adverse winter conditions. I like Imps but in winter, really??!! Give me an old 127 on skinny tyres - similar to a Panda but a bit more weight over the front wheels, and more likely to dissolve with the salt :rolleyes:

Sorry reading the article again, it was just 10 great cars to buy for the winter.

Back