What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Whatever the result, it'll just be another disappointment.
While I agree, its better than no elections or the Russian system. My vote here in Norfolk will make no difference, but I shall trudge along, or in this case do so by post just so I can complain afterwards.

If you go back many years on here you will find me predicting this exact end to the Tories on this thread or grumpy.

The moment they got a massive majority under Johnson they were over because the man always was absolutely incapable of anything except PR.

However I pity anyone who has to pick up the pieces...
No, he was also good at lying and cheating. Started with the queen, and kept on going.

No, he was also good at lying and cheating. Started with the queen, and kept on going.
I can't help feeling that the massive voter swing to Boris Johnson for what he purported to support in the 2019 General Election, from Labour,Tory,LibDem and Brexit voters, was not what the "establishment" wanted and so did everything needed to thwart it, with the help of Westminster, the Civil Servants, the main stream Media etc.
What ever your feelings on the subject, the point is all the other Parties including LibDem who were against Brexit lost massively across England and Wales, so now there are a large amount of disaffected voters out there who will not trust any of those Parties on the subject.
I foresee another "Hung Parliament" with nothing achieved for the Electorate, just as it was under Theresa May's time as PM, with all the MP's blaming each other on the Media whilst at the same time collecting the sort of massive salary's, expenses and index linked pensions that the public could only dream about!
The PM who triggered the 2016 Brexit vote expecting a different result and then "slunk off" to collect millions in interviews etc. across the World has now been made a Lord by his pals, so who is laughing now? :(:(:(

I can't help feeling that the massive voter swing to Boris Johnson for what he purported to support in the 2019 General Election, from Labour,Tory,LibDem and Brexit voters, was not what the "establishment" wanted and so did everything needed to thwart it, with the help of Westminster, the Civil Servants, the main stream Media etc.
What ever your feelings on the subject, the point is all the other Parties including LibDem who were against Brexit lost massively across England and Wales, so now there are a large amount of disaffected voters out there who will not trust any of those Parties on the subject.
I foresee another "Hung Parliament" with nothing achieved for the Electorate, just as it was under Theresa May's time as PM, with all the MP's blaming each other on the Media whilst at the same time collecting the sort of massive salary's, expenses and index linked pensions that the public could only dream about!
The PM who triggered the 2016 Brexit vote expecting a different result and then "slunk off" to collect millions in interviews etc. across the World has now been made a Lord by his pals, so who is laughing now? :(:(:(
I like hung parliaments. Two things. One, I'd like to hand them all, and two they may just kill each other fighting over who is in charge. Fingers crossed. LOLololololololololol Ha ha.
We must get something out of it even if its just a guffaw. As for Mr Camaron I thing beheading in the Tower on TV would be quite fitting. He will still be a so called Lord when the dust settles. Hopefully he will be arrested for breaking an obscure EU rule when hes off on one of his many expensive foreign jaunts, and put in the stocks or whatever they do over there. Ha ha. Even so, hes better than that which replaced him.

Non political post.
These numbers might not impress you guys but for guys on this side of the pond, these numbers are eye poppers. My great big four door F150 with the 6.5 foot bed and little 3L turbo diesel averaged 29.4 MPG today. I used less than a half tank of fuel for the 330 miles drive to my Dad's place.😁

Non political post.
These numbers might not impress you guys but for guys on this side of the pond, these numbers are eye poppers. My great big four door F150 with the 6.5 foot bed and little 3L turbo diesel averaged 29.4 MPG today. I used less than a half tank of fuel for the 330 miles drive to my Dad's place.😁
Was that on the back of the recovery truck? As if so it doesn't count.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sounds about right, we have two nissan navaras at work, they are 2.5 diesel and get about 35mpg.

As to half a tank of fuel I'll take a guess at a 25 gallon minimum tank 🤣

I said you wouldn't be impressed. My last pickup was lucky to see 18 mpg. As diesel is anywhere from 20 to 50 cents cheaper* than gasoline per gallon at this time, I'll take it.

*Except in my town. For whatever reason, fuel prices are much higher in this goofy place than surrounding communities. Locals won't buy here.

Non political post.
Not forgetting that US gallons are smaller, quite a bit smaller, than UK gallons?

Have just put a deposit down on Luigi's replacement this morning as the reoccurring problem has annoyed me & I decided that it's got to go, the replacement isn't another modern car as this issue has put me off but don't worry it's still a Fiat 😂 it's a modern classic that's starting to go up in value & a bit of a rarity nowadays

Have just put a deposit down on Luigi's replacement this morning as the reoccurring problem has annoyed me & I decided that it's got to go, the replacement isn't another modern car as this issue has put me off but don't worry it's still a Fiat 😂 it's a modern classic that's starting to go up in value & a bit of a rarity nowadays
Hope you're not going to keep us in suspense for too long, My "nose" is killing me.

Hope you're not going to keep us in suspense for too long, My "nose" is killing me.
😂😂 I've bought a 2000 X reg Seicento SX with the old 899cc 100 series engine which I found only about 30 mins away from home, I found it on car & classic so rang the owner & viewed it this morning, he was a car collector & dealer who had a barn full of quirky cars, this particular Seicento has only done 22k in 24 years with service history back to 2010 being done every year regardless of mileage by main Fiat dealer Desira & when I looked underneath & also in the rear arches as that's a hotspot for rust I was amazed as not only was everywhere solid but it's also never been welded, it had an advisory for very minor non excessive corrosion on the rear on last MOT but I looked all over the underside & was knocking it with my fist & it's all strong & really solid it's just a few surface areas on the floor as it's body colour which can be cleaned up but it's just what I call usual age related stuff so I think it was just a really fussy MOT tester with a bit of a hatred for old cars😂 as there is a few of them about, when it's back here in a couple of weeks I'll clean up the very minor surface bits on the floor with rust converter & then future proof it by rust proofing with Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 which is really good & long lasting, these cars are starting to fetch a small sum now, I paid just short of £2k for this Seicento & the sellers putting a new MOT on it & 4 brand new Goodyear tyres as part of the sale, it didn't have all the usual Cento niggles either like sounding tappety on start up, from cold it starts on the button, no bonking from the rear arm bushes & it's the first time I've ever seen a 100 series engine not covered in oil as the gaskets were actually doing their job 😂 so apart from a mornings work cleaning up a few minor age related surface bits on the underside & very slight lacquer peel on the rear bumper which is just cosmetic the cars pretty much perfect, it wasn't a bad deal at £2k for something quirky, different, rare & pretty solid with just a very minor clean up required, I think if I sit on this for a few years as I don't do much mileage so will stay low for a long time it'll be a good little investment, even if in a few years time it did need a little welding but I'll keep on top of it & hold that off for as long as I can

Last edited:
Pauvre pauvre Monsieur ***** Cat Luigi.
Got in Ruby today. She didnt start firt go. Words were aid.... "Be careful Ruby. Look what happened to daffo." But you WILL miss him.

Pauvre pauvre Monsieur ***** Cat Luigi.
Got in Ruby today. She didnt start firt go. Words were aid.... "Be careful Ruby. Look what happened to daffo." But you WILL miss him.
😂 yeah I will miss him but with the really annoying reoccurring airbag issues (to which I gave him another chance & it still threw it back up) & the strong stench of fuel which could possibly be the purge valve or even worse the cannister I had a chat with my dad & we both decided it is best for the Panda to go but I said to my old man I didn't want another new modern car as this has put me off I'd rather have something a bit older & simpler so I decided on a modern classic as it would be relatively simple but still have decent metal & found the car I put a deposit on this morning which apart from minor cleaning up/rust proofing underneath as it's just a few surface bits which can be a mornings work but it's still rock solid & original which is really good for something that's near on 25 years old, I'll be taking most of the bits off the Panda that I've put on it & offering them here on the forum

The perfect example of over spent on the car but then couldn’t afford the tires
IMG_3496.jpeg

@StevenRB45

Back