What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

If you have a reason (beating chav rocket) i have found that you aquire an extra boost of speed :devil:

Respect tho AM, I wouldnt get caught dead riding a MTB on the road, I have a road bike for that ;)

Oh i have a road bike but as MEP says:

Unfortunatly on most roads in the UK you need a MTB as they're so bumpy and potholey that if you didn't you would have the harshes ride ever :p

1779664494_31d7096216.jpg

the roads here are rubbish pothole, cracks, uneven railway "level" crossings. That and the Caliper road bike brakes on mine are on the hoods which makes stopping in an emergency a bit risky.... not to mention the constant re truing of the bloody wheels (got my own jig so i can do it myself)

Change the bottom bracket then.

Cheers

SPD

might put the road bike chain set on it :idea:

Last edited:
might put the road bike chain set on it :idea:

yeah, that would do it.

I have a MTB frame (hard tail, shock front) and wheels (cable discs) with a road bottom bracket (never used the first front ring and was running out of leg speed in top with the MTB set) and a set of 'wet' tyres. Teaded but not so lumpy as to cause massive drag.

Cheers

SPD

yeah, that would do it.

I have a MTB frame (hard tail, shock front) and wheels (cable discs) with a road bottom bracket (never used the first front ring and was running out of leg speed in top with the MTB set) and a set of 'wet' tyres. Teaded but not so lumpy as to cause massive drag.

Cheers

SPD

my pride and joy (other than the car)

1779744250_e593697ea8_o.jpg

5.5" forks and rear travel.

tubeless tires

4pot 180mm hydro discs

remote lockout for forks

(yes the chain looks tight i ordered an 11-34 rather than a 11-32 rear block) new chain fitted since)

really need to get out on it not used it in about 2 months just want to sleep after work

Last edited:
Was actually what made me smile yesterday but this thread in LL wouldn't let me post for some reason? :confused:

I was going to wait until I got home (I'm in the USA until the 23rd July) to find out my 3rd year Nursing exam/ assignment results. But hearing all my fellow students on FaceSpace talking about their results I rang home and got my mum to open the dreaded envelope for me. I was so convinced that I'd messed up the exam and was expecting to fail as I revised the wrong area of clinical shock that came up in the unseen case study exam :( I was soooo apprehensive about my result but...

...I passed everything!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I scraped the exam by the skin of my teeth (phew!), I got 74% for my final essay and also passed all the clinical skills practicals. That means I only have to complete the last 6 months of my course and I'll be a fully qualified Registered Nurse! :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Happy day (yester)day indeed! :)

Back