What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

I worked for 4 big distributors and 1 shop the computer business is on its arse. I was made redundant from every one of them then shortly after they each went bust.

Complete lies, although that depends entirely on what you mean by computer business. Computer "Services" are on a huge rise because people cannot hire in house staff due to cost. They are also keeping old equipment for longer and hence need additional support. However small system builders and distributers are finding it hard due to lack of demand and shear competition with the big names. Would you pay £300 a unit from dell with 2yr warranty (great warranty from massive firm) or £350 a unit with 1yr warranty supplied by a small firm that could go bust any minute or not have the staff to serve the warranty?.

The company I work for who are in the "Services" area are doing better than ever!.

Last edited:
what made me smile today.....

the old cow in the office dropped her cup of tea all over her desk today

CRACK UP :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: (y) Hope you laughed at her.

Every office has an old cow lol. Luckily mine is small so we don't have one :).

sadly I couldn't laugh at her (work for council and I'd end up with some sort of complaint against me lol) but in my mind I was cracking up, tears and everything hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

what you gonna do if some one bring puter in because oprea spell checker no work?

I'd say Dave get a proper browser and what are you doing driving all the way to Morecambe? :rolleyes:

Doing what exactly?. If its Building PC's I'd forget it. No way you can compete with the likes of Dell, HP, Compaq etc etc especially when massive resellers get their mits on them and buy in bulk.

Repairs, upgrades, data wiping, Pat Testing (Step-Dad is an electrician ;)) Networking. Maybe even doing a bit of training. :)

I'm only thinking about it atm, we went about it the wrong way last time, that and I couldn't be bothered with Dean.

Repairs, upgrades, data wiping, Pat Testing (Step-Dad is an electrician ;)) Networking. Maybe even doing a bit of training. :)

you dont have to be an an electrician to be a pat tester you know, just a short course an you can blow him out :D

woman i know went out a bought a lap top from a shop, didnt want to bother me for advice, ended up paying £225 for a bit of crap eMachines factory refurbed thing, then man in the shop charged her £39 to turn it on, he called it pre delivery inspection, then charged her for a load of other stuff that can be downloaded for free off the net, ended up costing her over £400 for some thing she could have got for £150

you dont have to be an an electrician to be a pat tester you know, just a short course an you can blow him out :D

woman i know went out a bought a lap top from a shop, didnt want to bother me for advice, ended up paying £225 for a bit of crap eMachines factory refurbed thing, then man in the shop charged her £39 to turn it on, he called it pre delivery inspection, then charged her for a load of other stuff that can be downloaded for free off the net, ended up costing her over £400 for some thing she could have got for £150

He already has Part P, and it costs at least £400 for the course! :eek:

Thats crazy, I can pick up Dual Core Acer Laptops for £275 ish. :D

Not just today, had a big smiley weekend at Goodwood.

Got a very special birthday present while I was away.

Quite tired now, long drive home over two days, got back late yesterday.

Taking a couple days off to recover from my weekend off, brill.

Cheers

SPD

Back