What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Starting to bounce back a bit more from the 'Rona.

Went for 2.5 mile walks on my lunch breaks last few days feeling a lot fitter. I was alright last week but felt like I needed a nap by 3pm also no sense of smell at all and distorted sense of taste.

Smell is coming back although, taste is also improving but mainly I don't feel exhausted which is definitely a bonus also breathing is easier. Won't pretend I suffered badly with it people are far worse off than me but low energy levels and toddler are not a good combo!

That and the new vaccine being about 90% effective would suggest having coronavirus is probably also about 90% effective as insurance for getting it again if not slightly higher given my immune system definitely knows what it is looking for.

Obviously depends in if it's mutated significantly since then though..

Trump is looking ever closer to going, Cummings is out of the door..wonder if his Marionette will last until Christmas at this rate.

You never know...2020 might have a half decent end.

looking at them gun carrying trump supporting idiots ripping down the posters of people who have been killed by the police, we could have a very bloody end to 2020 :(

Will Cummings be doing a farewell tour?

I did check English Heritage website to see if Barnard Castle is open (genuinely it's fairly local and you do have to keep the little un busy).

Unfortunately it appears they've closed it due to lockdown..although I'm sure it won't apply to him as long as he breaks in in a manner that is "What any Father would have done" he'll be fine.

You can tell as may lies as you like. It's up to the other side to call out the lies. All is fair on political claims. It's up to voters to decide which lies they believe.

But the voting system must be fair. UK has fair systems or at least nobody has found ways to commit systemic fraud. US it seems is open to systemic fraud. But they have hand counts to decide on that. The courts will decide if constitutional rights have been denied.

The US does not have a voting system. The States have voting systems and they are all different. The disparities perhaps need a review but the sort of gross c*ap spouted by detrumparse for the last 4 years is more in need of question than ever any voting system might be!

Welcome back, long time no see (well except driving around Norwich a few times)

Hah, You've seen me about in the Milk Float / Portaloo a few times then :p

The only issue of it being a motor that stands out from the crowd, can't go anywhere without someone I know seeing me :eek:

Has your wife still got the 2012 Olympics Mini?

Hi Jon :)

Still have pandas..?

Im guessing so.. last posts I recall were about your sisters TwinAir

Hi Charlie,

Long time no speak!

Yes, still got 2 Classic Pandas. Also got a 2005 Panda 4x4 which I take off road with the UK Panda 4x4 group a few times a year.

Sister has still got her TA, although it's days are numbered as she's recently had a child, so it's being changed shortly for an Outlander PHEV (couldn't persuade the brother in law to go full EV).

Dad's also got a 1.3 Diesel Qubo Dualogic which replaced his Panda last year.

Have you still got your Punto (Evo wasn't it?)?

Take it you've still got the Soul Ev then.

Yep still got the Soul EV. Had a bit of a minor bump this time last year and put it into the side of a KA when the KA decided not to give way to the right on a roundabout.

It'll be 3 years I've had it come Jan, how the time has flown! Not looked back. Still undecided but might chop it in for the New Soul EV in about 18 months time when the first lot come off of their PCP plans etc and flood the market. Real world range of 250mile on those new bad boys!

Have you still got the Mazda?

Yep still got the Soul EV. Had a bit of a minor bump this time last year and put it into the side of a KA when the KA decided not to give way to the right on a roundabout.

It'll be 3 years I've had it come Jan, how the time has flown! Not looked back. Still undecided but might chop it in for the New Soul EV in about 18 months time when the first lot come off of their PCP plans etc and flood the market. Real world range of 250mile on those new bad boys!

Have you still got the Mazda?
Well at least you were ok.

Oh yes Mazda is still going, it's now 85k up and adjusting to life as a used and abused family bus. Also bought a Citroën C3 recently as well missed the jeopardy...

I think at this rate I'll be keeping the Mazda till it's dead..or deadish/costing money regularly then chop it in for one of the electric cars that are just coming out now at 3 years old.

No point in me having something new/nice currently toddler is adept at making it look a bit shabby quite quickly. By the time the Mazda dies hopefully he'll be out of kicking the crap out the seats, little accidents and the need for a muddy pram.

There's quite a few nice ones coming out or out soon, do rather like the E-C4 but I'm also one of the 3 people who liked the DS4.

Last edited:
Has your wife still got the 2012 Olympics Mini?

No sadly, a long story short, she traded in the Olympic, got a 2015 grey mini which developed a major fault within a week and we rejected it, replaced with a 2015 hatch in blue which she rammed the side of a zaffira at 50mph one cold November night, and that was replaced with a brand new countryman.

My daily is now a purple Golf Cabriolet (with an easily recognisable private plate) and still have a fiat in the shape of a 2011 Punto sporting with roof bars and cycle holders.

You’ve been gone a while lol

Picked up a real bargain today. Practically a brand new hybrid bike. Aluminium frame and wheels, 24 gears. Used about three times then stored in house. New it was £360, I pad £180 :D Been advertised for some time. Owner going to another area, new job and wants rid. Asking price was higher, but as soon as I waved all those tenners about, a deal was done. :D Absolute snip. :devil:

Back