What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Re: What's made you smile today?

Getting myself worked up to "properly" lay hands on "Twinkle", the Ibiza, for the first time. Got all my parts assembled, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, everything except for the oil really - I decided to go with Fuchs Titan GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 to VW 504 spec - which I ordered from Powerenhancer last night, expected tomorrow which would be good as I could get the service done before the bad weather arrives at the weekend.

I'm especially impressed by the ease with which the cabin filter can be accessed. Especially after the hassle of doing my older boy's Punto. Absolutely nothing to dismantle to get at the SEAT's. Just look up under the dash from the passenger footwell and there it is:

P1090115.JPG

slide the two retaining catches towards the middle of the cover and pull it downwards and off:

P1090118.JPG

Then you can see the filter element which simply pulls down and out:

P1090117.JPG

Slide the new one into place and re-secure the cover. Not even a five minute job. Well done SEAT!

I've been wondering about whether my VCDS interface will "speak" to it as it's the original interface I bought back in the late '90's when I first owned the Cordoba. It's the bottom of these two.

P1090119.JPG

I've included the MES multiplex interface, top of the two, just in case anyone was wondering what you get if you go for this option. It is a bit pricey perhaps but I was used to using my VAG-COM (now VCDS) which gives unlimited access to all controllers and it's great being able to do a whole vehicle scan on the Fiats without changing leads in just minutes - which is my default starting position when doing a service. (VCDS was called VAG-COM back then until VW got upset about the VAG and they had to change the name. Wonder if they realized VCDS stands for VAg-COM Diagnostic System?) Software updates are free with VCDS so I did an update but was worried about this very old interface so contacted the very helpful Grant at Gendan who told me to plug it into the car and click on "test" If it comes up HEX-USB-CAN it should work. If only HEX-USB probably not but testing in this way would cause no issues with the vehicle even if the interface was not compatible. Guess what, it came up HEX-USB-CAN phew! tried checking for fault codes in both engine and ABS controllers and it connected just fine - no codes stored thank goodness. So it looks all good to go! That's "made me smile today"

Now I remember it.
Oh dear... gender AND racial stereotyping in the same advert.

Don't know how we survived back then.

Will say when I made the comment it was based on a vague recollection of it existing 30 years ago.

I'm not suggesting SB500 is off to oppress poor farmers with a colonialist attitude in a safari hat! :ROFLMAO:

Now I remember it.
Oh dear... gender AND racial stereotyping in the same advert.

Don't know how we survived back then.

Back in the day, BBC had Muffin the Mule, Andy Pandy, Looby Lou and the less said about Captain Pugwash's cabin boy called Roger and a certain seamen is - erm - best not said.

Magic Roundabout was full of innuendo.
Florence dressed as a lady of the night
Mr Rusty something beginning with p.

Zebedee was on speed,
Dylan the rabbit off his head on dope
Ermintrude the cow was a posh drunken old lady.
The whole set was out with the fairies while Emma Thompson's dad topped it off with a sarcastic dog called Dougal.

Back