What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

I had my first Punto scraping on the tyres because I had 4 girls in the back, cracked the subframe apparently. :p

Anyway, my happy for today... First Firefighter Drill night.

Loved every minute of it, The watch manager at the station was the first man on the scene 20 years ago when my family needed their help, he was the first in the house and the last out. Very strange feeling, he remembered everything. Two weeks intensive training in December then I will be done, there isn't a chance im giving in, intensive preparation training starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
Anyway, my happy for today... First Firefighter Drill night.

Loved every minute of it, The watch manager at the station was the first man on the scene 20 years ago when my family needed their help, he was the first in the house and the last out. Very strange feeling, he remembered everything. Two weeks intensive training in December then I will be done, there isn't a chance im giving in, intensive preparation training starts tomorrow.

Sounds good! Keep us updated!

I can't remember if I said, but I looked at being a retained firefighter, but live 5 minutes away from the closest station. I need to be a maximum of 4 minutes away. I could (and have) done it in 4 minutes...but they say 'road speeds' :LOL:.

Sounds good! Keep us updated!

I can't remember if I said, but I looked at being a retained firefighter, but live 5 minutes away from the closest station. I need to be a maximum of 4 minutes away. I could (and have) done it in 4 minutes...but they say 'road speeds' :LOL:.

Thanks Kier, means a lot :D
You have mentioned it before, it's a bit of a PITA the whole distance thing, Im technically too far away as well.. But I have the lucky thing of my brother living almost next door to it - Paying him rent and it should all go to plan. :D

3 down 1 to go!(y) - Alloy wheel refurbishment
wheels 1 & 2 look ace, and have been on the car now to about 2 weeks (9/10)
Wheel 3 is poor and has gone onto the car today (6.5/10) - because it have over spray :( this over spray appeared on the Final Clear Coat so i'll have to try to buff it off i guess... - never tried this before though..(y)

leaving the house today a bakery had delivered me 2 dozen morning rolls
i was addressed to a shop
I dont live in a shop,i live in a house with no shops in the street
the invoice was for a shop some 4 miles away :confused:
phoned the bakers and they were just as confused but told me to keep the rolls :D

oh and mr taxman is due me a £1K+ tax rebate :slayer:

Had the 1st day of a long weekend today...2 left, then 3 in work then one off then one in then i'm basically off for october...got 4 days in ok i'm meant to be moving into my new house but still I work fulltime working 4 days in 31 is mental.

Also Suzuki sent me a voucher for 10% off a timing belt change...its got a chain...you should know your meant to be able to service it..

What ive just been playing with :p
Might be able to get some better pictures tomorrow before they go back to work
This is Bella the Tawny owl
Bella Tawny owl.jpg

Back