What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

More tedious Ebay stuff .
You know when it's too good to be true ?...well it's just happened .

The seller of the item I won earlier has just emailed..."I have lost 1 part of the 6 in the listing ,I will refund "

I don't believe that for 1 second ,he's just miffed at selling something so cheap .

This should be in the grumpy thread but it's just a contining story of my Ebay saga .

Edit ,I messaged back saying to send the 5 pieces if 1 is lost ,it's still worth it to me , let's see what he does .
I can't edit that again .
New message from seller .
He thinks his young nephew may have taken it after a visit today ,the excuses are laughable ..... :LOL:

Report him to eBay,
My favourite annoyance is when you are "buying from a UK supplier" and the delivery time is nearly a month , then you page down from the UK address area to the company at the bottom and it is China! ;)
I'm going to wait and see if the "missing" piece turns up or not , wait for his next message .
I doubt Ebay will do anything anyway ,they seem to let everything slide nowadays.

If he refunds me ,I will also look for the same or similar to be relisted .

Just reminded me of the joke about a couple shopping in the big city and the man being happy he had found a pair of boots with L & R for left and right, she then agreed as she had just bought some pants with C & A written in them;)
Although I had a wee giggle at this I don't think I'll click the "like" button? Very "sixties" humour? As Dick Emery famously said: Ooow, you are awful!

I'm going to wait and see if the "missing" piece turns up or not , wait for his next message .
I doubt Ebay will do anything anyway ,they seem to let everything slide nowadays.

If he refunds me ,I will also look for the same or similar to be relisted .
Do you enjoy reading my tedious Ebay stories ?
Message from the rogue seller this morning , can't find the missing item ,so sending a different piece in it's place .
Not exactly ideal but just about tolerable . I suppose .

Do you enjoy reading my tedious Ebay stories ?
Message from the rogue seller this morning , can't find the missing item ,so sending a different piece in it's place .
Not exactly ideal but just about tolerable . I suppose .
Yes, but it would be more interesting if we knew what the mystery object was.

Got a letter through the post.. took 6 days from somewhere 20 minutes away..

'Please call within 14 days to make an appointment'

Best I call them then !!

Recorded message... 'leave your details we will call you back'

Ive already studied my calendar..and Im around in 3 weeks time. maybe thats a bit hopeful.. probably months away

3 hours later they call me.. I am trying to calculate in my head what date is good 3 weeks away.. :)

'Weve had a cancellation.. can you do tomorrow'

Too right I can..!! (y)

Small victories :cool:

Yes, but it would be more interesting if we knew what the mystery object was.
I cannot reveal this but I can confirm that I won all 4 auctions from 1 seller tonight with some tactical bidding .

I might start a whole thread with lots of pics about it somewhere and reveal some of my huge collection of these . They are car themed but not Fiat based ,although I do have 1 Fiat , a 131 Rally car , amongst the large number of the other stuff .

As soon as the 4 arrive ,I will be dismantling all of them and respraying them all the same colour ,because I can 🚙 🚙 🚙 🚙

Well, yesterday.
Youngest grandson, Owen, tried the goalie position for yesterdays' hockey game.
npSze04l.jpg

Owen is a little 6 year old and barely makes it to 4 feet tall in his skates. He didn't do all that bad but because of his stature, the other players figured out they could lift the puck over his head and score. Still, he didn't do all that bad. Below are a couple of blocked shots.
O9FaHq1l.jpg

e4TuYNel.jpg

I asked him after the game how he liked playing goalie. He didn't like getting hit by the puck and by the players sticks. He's back on center ice next Sunday.
LBDWR7Z.jpg

Well, yesterday.
Youngest grandson, Owen, tried the goalie position for yesterdays' hockey game.
npSze04l.jpg

Owen is a little 6 year old and barely makes it to 4 feet tall in his skates. He didn't do all that bad but because of his stature, the other players figured out they could lift the puck over his head and score. Still, he didn't do all that bad. Below are a couple of blocked shots.
O9FaHq1l.jpg

e4TuYNel.jpg

I asked him after the game how he liked playing goalie. He didn't like getting hit by the puck and by the players sticks. He's back on center ice next Sunday.
LBDWR7Z.jpg
It takes some balls to be an ice hockey goalie , I don't watch much of it but it looks a bit violent , so well done to your grandson for giving it a go . 👍 👍

It takes some balls to be an ice hockey goalie , I don't watch much of it but it looks a bit violent , so well done to your grandson for giving it a go . 👍 👍
His Dad plays on a local hockey team and has played goalie on occasion. It is a rough contact sport but on the local level, there isn't much "rock 'em, sock 'em". Every team has that one guy that tries to be a dick, but his team mates usually shut him down. Everybody has a day job and they are all friends. You get into the rarefied atmosphere of national and pro teams, then punches a kind of expected. When a couple of players start to duke it out, the refs let them go at it until one loses their footing and goes down. Once that happens, the refs put a stop to it.

I grew up surrounded by hockey. It's what you did in the winter months if you had nothing else to do. I found other things to do because I can barely stand on ice skates. I had more of an interest in speed skating (go fast, turn left)as a kid, but I was born too soon. Roller skates, both quads and inline, are another story.

Dull tedious BB440's Ebay story continues #37 .

On Tuesday I made an offer for another of my favourite collectables , a whole £4 , on something with a start of £3 .It was declined ,at least I got an answer and not ignored. So I bid on the auction instead , 1 other bidder had left a bid of ..........£3 on it , I bid £4.44 , and so got it for £3.20 ......LOL .....should have taken my £4 . It's also within walking distance so no postage to pay and I will be collecting it later . Winner winner , chilli for dinner .

Cleaning is nearly done. A few bits of the interior to attend to and then we are ready for winter. This makes me realise the steel wheels need stripping and powder coating as they are now apalling especially considering they have been used only 3 winters and were highly polished from new and each year after.
wheel.jpg

Jack and I went to the Bare Bones Car Club 20th Anniversary car show on Saturday afternoon.
MTjlaAyl.jpg

At something like the Bare Bones show, you'll see a lot of tattoos and piercings on people. It's off putting to some, but these are some of the friendliest folks you'll meet. Being of the Old Phart class and having grown up with the vehicles these folks are building, these guys are fun to talk with. They ask a lot of questions. I didn't take many pics but I did get this.
3e8S6dQl.jpg

OHMyllil.jpg

This car made my day. It's a 1958 American Motors Rambler Super wagon. I spoke with the owner and told him my Dads' fingerprints were on the car because 1958 was the year Dad started at American Motor. He was there until 1988. We had a 1959 Rambler Cross Country wagon when I was a kid. Basically the same car, with a different paint scheme and an overdrive transmission. I shared the back seat with my 3 siblings and an over-sized German Shepard that drooled.

3rd gear...it's not a fast car but it's about twice as fast as people expect.

So when you're coming to an uphill dual section off a roundabout that goes from 30 to national people tend to sit right up your chuff.

At that point you just floor it at the point the lanes split/it goes to national. It's still not got old watching people barge into lane 2 then either drop back from or level peg with a car they thought was no more than a rolling chicane.

The most amusing part of these adventures is the flyby at 20mph over the limit to satiate honour followed by full anchors into the roundabout at the top.

Childish but continues to amuse.

Mrs. Cheest and I did an experiment and took Buster camping earlier in the week.
0Nylulzl.jpg

What we learned is that Buster doesn't mind camping and the weatherman is a damn liar. It started to rain sporadically soon after we set up and the temps turned cold. Buster spend most of his time napping under a blanket while we kept throwing on more layers of clothing. We haven't camped in such cold temps since we were in our teens. We finally broke down and fired up the furnace. That made it tolerable...until it killed the battery.

There were a couple breaks in the weather and we took the opportunity to hike up one of the hills and climb one of the observation towers. This the view of south central Wisconsin from the tower.
Wd7jJKal.jpg

I likened the steps to the top of the tower to running up the first two levels of the Eiffel Tower 31 years ago. Though I think the Eiffel climb was easier. I was also only 35 years old and 20 pounds lighter.

Back