General What’s in your trunk?

Currently reading:
General What’s in your trunk?

Jstott1070

Fairly recently got our first Panda 4x4 (2016) model. Really good fun so far however I am trying to fix a couple of inherited issues. The first one being the bottom of the boot/trunk. We appear to have a plywood base under the boot carpet which looks a little odd.. we have the carpet covering the spare wheel however I can’t for the life of me figure out what if anything should be under/supporting the tablet? Pretty sure I am missing a part but can’t for the life of me find what it is / called / part number.. any help would be warmly welcomed.

Eh up

I’ve got a TA 2016 cross, got it 4 months old, only thing covering the spare wheel was the carpet trim !,,,

I made a template and fabricated a two part boot cover out of marine ply to give some stability to the carpet.

Nothing else in there !!!!

Hope this helps

Ive not got a 4x4

But my panda ,500 and Punto are nothing better than carpet

Punto is double the area..and is a stiffer sheet of 'carpet'

Last FIAT with a proper substantial Carpeted plastic board was a 1992 Tempra Estate..
the 92 Tipo hatch had flimsy carpet.. I remember because the full size spare stood proud..and it looked like a Roman Earthwork :)

Does it have the correct spare

Just carpet in this 4x4

7A8B354C-84D0-4841-AFEE-CBD8827E27F5.jpeg

Ive not got a 4x4

But my panda ,500 and Punto are nothing better than carpet

Punto is double the area..and is a stiffer sheet of 'carpet'

Last FIAT with a proper substantial Carpeted plastic board was a 1992 Tempra Estate..
the 92 Tipo hatch had flimsy carpet.. I remember because the full size spare stood proud..and it looked like a Roman Earthwork :)
Thank you for the response, so it seems like rather than missing something I actually have an added extra (ply). Should have known really given the minimalist approach applied to the Panda (which I really like tbh).

Thanks again

Eh up

I’ve got a TA 2016 cross, got it 4 months old, only thing covering the spare wheel was the carpet trim !,,,

I made a template and fabricated a two part boot cover out of marine ply to give some stability to the carpet.

Nothing else in there !!!!

Hope this helps
Nowthen… thanks for the reply, sounds like the previous owner had done exactly the same.. :)

I think the thing you're looking for doesn't exist - that is, it is No Longer Available.

My 2016 4x4 came with a rubber-band-shooter tyre repair kit, which was in a foam case that sat under the boot carpet. I took it out and put a spare wheel in it's place, but the 15" wheel sits slightly larger than the wheel well, so the carpet has a hump. The plywood likely makes it flat.

There used to be a box that fitted over the wheel well (that also raised the boot floor) but it was only an option, and only available for a limited time. They are like hens teeth 2nd hand, so people make their own.

I think the thing you're looking for doesn't exist - that is, it is No Longer Available.

My 2016 4x4 came with a rubber-band-shooter tyre repair kit, which was in a foam case that sat under the boot carpet. I took it out and put a spare wheel in it's place, but the 15" wheel sits slightly larger than the wheel well, so the carpet has a hump. The plywood likely makes it flat.

There used to be a box that fitted over the wheel well (that also raised the boot floor) but it was only an option, and only available for a limited time. They are like hens teeth 2nd hand, so people make their own.
This sounds exactly right I recon. Thank you. I just assumed there was something missing but the fact that the spare has been replaced with a full-size then makes total sense as to why the ply was added. Thank you for helping me with this (none existent) puzzle. :)

Back