V5C Advice

Currently reading:
V5C Advice

jw4821

Hi Chaps,

About 5 months ago I sold my Punto Evo and got an A1 on Personal Contract Hire. A few weeks after delivery I received the V5 for the car, which I thought was strange but thought nothing of it.

Fast forward to yesterday, I rang Audi to inquire about putting my personal plate on the car. They said that the retention certificate needs to be in their name as they are the registered keeper of the car, to which I replied that they're not, as I have the V5 and it has my name and address on.

From that, I'm presuming that A) I shouldn't have it, and B) It shouldn't be in my name.

Anyone had this before? By the sounds if things it's clearly an error on their part, will this affect me in any way? They seemed disinterested at getting it changed. What will happen at the end of the agreement and the car goes back?

Thoughts appreciated!

The V5c is not proof of ownership so it doesn't matter if it's in your name or not. You should be free to put your plate on as you wish but their might be something about private plates in the contract hire agreement

Back