traffic lights...

Currently reading:
traffic lights...

:bang: thanks beau now the first post makes FA sense.

i had to read the other posts very carefully before i could laugh :(

:devil::D

EDIT: boo removed the first post, dave put it back, job sorted (y)

Last edited:
what does yellow mean? :confused:
Stop!

There is a point to the Amber and Red Light Sequence. You may have noticed that when the lights are going Red the Amber light shines on its own.

When going to Green the Amber Light shines with the Red Light.

So if you are approaching at speed you will know what the situation with traffic up ahead should be. It doesn't mean that because its going green there will be no one crossing your path. People can do silly things so watch out for them and slow down when you see Amber.

serious question here now also-

if your in traffic, and your just over the white line and the lights turn red, can you still go?
Technically, IF you are already over the line when it changes to red you can go but you would be silly because you would probably hit a car coming across you.

The red light means stop. But you only have to stop at a Stop Line. If there is no Stop Line, the Red Light by law, as far as I am aware, means nothing. Unless there is other signage saying "wait here at red lights" or somthing to that effect.

But using common sense would tell you that the Red light is there for a reason. So abuse that "loop hole" at your own risk.

serious question here now also-

if your in traffic, and your just over the white line and the lights turn red, can you still go?

and think thats all my questions about traffic lights for now ;) :p

i think it depends on the situation. in my test, i was at a junction waiting for the lights so i could turn right. when the light went green, me and another car infront moved into the junction and waited - i was half way over the line. The lights went amber then red, so the oncoming traffic had stopped and the car infront moved off. i sat there because the 'amber-gamblers' in the oncoming traffic had delayed it so it would have ment i was moving off on red, but my instructor told me at the end of the test that i should have gone - once you've commited yourself you should go ahead with it - other cars should be sure the junction is clear before setting off.

Hope this clarifies a few things!

A few of the answers scared me!:eek: Pmsl!

Back