Quick traffic offence question

Currently reading:
Quick traffic offence question

But nobody died! trying to be dramatic to make yourself sound important? you should be a policeman.. oh wait
I presume you've never delivered a Death Notice then. Obviously not. If you had you'd know what makes Police Officers do what they do.

So until you have delivered a Death Notice, or received one you really don't know what drama is.

Who issued the parking ticket?

The Police don't fine drivers for not displaying a Vehicle Excise Licence, they simply issue a notice such as a CLE2/6 which tells the DVLA the vehicle has been seen on the road without one. It's up to the DVLA in England and Wales and presumably by the equivalent authority in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Can't actually remember who would of issued it, took it to my local station though whom informed me (after I made the phone call) that because the fine was for the incorrect value, then the ticket couldn't stand anymore.

The vast majority of parking tickets are issued by local authorities or their contractors nowadays, it's only in certain locations that the Police will deal with yellow line offences.

Others such as Dangerous Positioning and pedestrian crossing offences are dealt with by the 5-Oh.

But you were correctly advised that if there is a penalty noted on the ticket it must be correct.

Back