Quick traffic offence question

Currently reading:
Quick traffic offence question

take it to court, ask who you was obstructing
was necessary to park there or just couldn't be bothered to walk from a normal parking place? if there was no other parking in a reasonable distance argue that it was also necessary to park there.

since when did parking in a 'reasonable' distance become a right?

As for parking on a central reservation,why would anyone think thats appropriate on an open highway?

Last edited:
since when did parking in a 'reasonable' distance become a right?

way back when i had a volvo 340, i parked on a 2 lane 1 way street buses could still get passed, but 4 police cars arrived with blue lights on a gave me a ticket for unnecessary obstruction. i took it to court and argued that there was no obstruction as buses could get passed. magistrates rules that it was an obstruction but a necessary one. they chucked it out of court.

cctv was used by procution

way back when i had a volvo 340, i parked on a 2 lane 1 way street buses could still get passed, but 4 police cars arrived with blue lights on a gave me a ticket for unnecessary obstruction. i took it to court and argued that there was no obstruction as buses could get passed. magistrates rules that it was an obstruction but a necessary one. they chucked it out of court.

cctv was used by procution

and this is on par with parking on the central reservation?
Am I the only one that see's this as a ludicrous place to even consider parking?

I've been to towns that actually have parking spaces on central reservations. I'm not here to judge just advise.

well they wont be central reservation
merely space in the centre of the street for parking(which can work well)

edinburgh11.jpg

George Street Edinburgh

How it used to be

0_street_views_-_george_street_1920s_s2342.jpg

still parking in the centre

East-End-of-Edinburghs-George-Street-St-Andrew-Square.jpg

Horsey times. So a massive road from the start

and this is on par with parking on the central reservation?
Am I the only one that see's this as a ludicrous place to even consider parking?

no your not the only one bud, I too think its not a great idea either :( besides the view obstruction I think its also just a dangerous place to put a car as you have a lane either side with moving traffic and when the firework show is over you have to cross the road open the doors into the traffic then creep off the curb slowly into the road...... if theres nowhere to park then that's it, theres always next year :D

The original post pic shows a dual-carriageway with a narrow central reservation. The gap for the entrance to the right would allow vehicles to turn right into, and out of. Vehicles turning in from the dual-carriageway can sit in the central gap, parallel to the traffic, but their view ahead would be restricted if vehicles were parked along the centre. This could be dangerous when they turn having missed an oncoming car.

Similarly, cars turning out have to move across 4 lanes of traffic to turn right, they need a view to ensure safety and cars on the central divide will obscure that view. Being dark, you'd expect all cars to be using headlights, so you'd know if they are coming, but although it appears to be 40mph limit, there is street lighting, so some could be driving on sidelights only.

The OP needs to post the offence code as requested if any help is to be forthcoming.

The original post pic shows a dual-carriageway with a narrow central reservation. The gap for the entrance to the right would allow vehicles to turn right into, and out of. Vehicles turning in from the dual-carriageway can sit in the central gap, parallel to the traffic, but their view ahead would be restricted if vehicles were parked along the centre. This could be dangerous when they turn having missed an oncoming car.

Similarly, cars turning out have to move across 4 lanes of traffic to turn right, they need a view to ensure safety and cars on the central divide will obscure that view. Being dark, you'd expect all cars to be using headlights, so you'd know if they are coming, but although it appears to be 40mph limit, there is street lighting, so some could be driving on sidelights only.

The OP needs to post the offence code as requested if any help is to be forthcoming.
From memory, the central reservation is about 15 to 20' wide as it allows for both vehicles emerging to the right from The Three Arrows onto Middleton Rd., in the direction of Manchester and also turning right into The Arrows from the M60.

A little difficult to visualise perhaps for those who don't know the area, but from the original photo, the junction is to the right so cars would be emerging from there and heading in the same direction as the OP was facing when the pic was taken, in other words, towards Manchester.

Also, traffic coming from behind the photographer could turn right into the pub, so there could well be one car emerging and another turning in at the same time.

Back