P1000461.JPG

Grande Punto The Vimto

Introduction

Right not sure how to start this but here goes.

i have a 1.2 active grande punto in crossover black.

current mods completed but not yet in pics ipod input and punto brake light cover.

eres a list of the things im definitely doing:

exterior

• Zunsport or mesh grill in gloss black
  • purple calipers and drums (paint on the way)
  • 16" black and polished mak volares with locking wheel bolts and purple anti-theft valve caps
  • 70% tint for 3 rear windows
  • black and purple new style fiat badges (if i can find out where to get some)
  • punto brakelight cover (done)
interior
  • make seats all black or make centers purple (most probably with seat covers)
  • hopefully do door cards to match seats
  • purple interior light (got wrong size so on the way)
  • purple footwell leds (need to fit)
  • purple led boot light (on the way)
  • ipod input for factory head unit (done)
and heres a list of the things im thinking of doing:

exterior
  • purple side repeaters but only if i can get black and purple badges
  • black antitheft beesting aerial
  • purple painted sump (iknow no-one will see it)
  • abarth or black angel eye headlights
  • black led or other black rear lights
interior
  • spray grey strip on dash purple
improvement of engine /engine sound
  • purple gsr
  • purple hoses
  • purple plastic cover thing for engine
ive also included a pic of the type of badges im looking for and the wheels im hoping to get.

apparently the badges is a bad idea so i need some more ideas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good list mate and i'm looking forward to seeing the pics and the progress! :D

Love the name for comedy value but I don't think it's going to attract that many positive views if people think you're going out to deliberately 'Vimto' your car!

fair enough but youve got to be able to laugh about it if your doing something like this as there is allways going to be someone that thinks it looks rubbish.

this thread is fine Carl...just keep the others abit quieter now as they're all the same lol

i only have to threads now. custom badges and this one.

T closed "the Carl "Rolf" Dawson thread" the others no-one replies to anyway so i only have two threads on completely different topics. thats why im getting fed up with being moaned at.

also i dont understand why im getting moaned at and having my threads closed.

take a look at jamies now he is taking the ****. a new thread everytime he changes something and he lectures me on having too many similar threads im sorry this is bull ****.

the best springs to use would be Eibach Sportlines without a shadow of a doubt. They're about £130 and if you're around my area i'll cut you a break and do it for you to save you the cost of getting them fitted. You could get them all in with fitting for about £200 though.

Trying to start a spring fittin service are we Ed?

Erm, excuse me, I think you will find that 'Vimtomobile' is my name for your car, so bugger off!... And one more thing. WILL YOU STOP TELLING US WHAT YOUR DOING, JUST BLOODY DO IT AND GET THE PICTURES ON HERE! Rant over. (y)

i actually used your brilliant suggestion for a name so you should be proud of suggesting it:)

and ill get some pics next weekend weather depending.
and i am JUST BLOODY DOING IT. im purely asking for advice and further suggestions as i go along. so calm the **** down sheesh:devil:

the best springs to use would be Eibach Sportlines without a shadow of a doubt. They're about £130 and if you're around my area i'll cut you a break and do it for you to save you the cost of getting them fitted. You could get them all in with fitting for about £200 though.

a lot of people have been saying that. its not i dont believe them its purely i have found there are quite a few different companies doing various springs for the gp. e.g
Eibach Sportline Springs, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cobra Lowering Springs, APEX Springs and PI Lowering Springs to name a few.

and the cheapest ones i have found are the APEX springs for
£91.12 (inc VAT)
Delivery £ 9.95

against the EIbach Sportline springs for
Our Price:
£133.57 (inc VAT)
Delivery £ 8.95.

so was curious as to which the best are performance wise and which are the best value.

Are they the wheels your getting?

hopefully yes although my ma thinks either they will get nicked or my car will get nicked.

told her tough though after she buckled the wheel and right side wing in front of the wheel arch.:devil:

plus i mean people cant be bothered nicking them round here as they can afford their own if they want themanyway so i dont understand what shes worried about.:confused:

what do you think of those wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back